What's new

Rawhide Season 4, V. 1 coming in May (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
According to ClassicFlix, Rawhide Season 4, V1 will be released on May 31st! This verifies what my crystal ball said a couple of months ago so I'm very happy!

Gary "another 'holy grail' show from my list is coming - yippee!!!" O.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
That's great news. I was hoping to hear something soon for planning out future spending.

I'm actually caught up on many of my series purchases with a few currently available hanging out there still to get (Matlock S5/S6, VTTBOTS S4V2, FKB S5). Looking forward to several releases between now and June (FKB S6, Virginian S4, Wagon Train S3, and now Rawhide S4V1). And waiting on word of some more for this year, hopefully (Perry Mason S6V1, Gunsmoke S5V1, and HGWT S6V1).

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Great news, Gary! Viva La Crystal Ball :) It's nice to see that CBS/P is continuing these releases for Rawhide fans.

Hopefully this will open the door to more announcements about series that, as Brad said, we're still awaiting word on!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve...O

Great news, Gary! Viva La Crystal Ball :) It's nice to see that CBS/P is continuing these releases for Rawhide fans.

Hopefully this will open the door to more announcements about series that, as Brad said, we're still awaiting word on!

Agreed, Steve. This was welcomed news and I'm hoping that this means CBS is going to keep Rawhide on the schedule with further releases later in the year. And I'm with you and Brad concerning some other CBS/P series that we haven't heard about recently - Gunsmoke and Perry Mason in particular. My crystal ball saw both shows as a coin flip. Gunsmoke, if it were continuing and not stalled out, should have seen a March release. And Perry Mason, if it were continuing and not stalled out, should have seen an April release. The fact that we've not received a street date for either series is ominous news, to say the least.

Gary "all I can do is keep my fingers crossed and hope the crystal ball gives me some more encouraging news in the near future" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark78

tvshowsondvd.com shows June 7th as release date.

Since Gord/Dave are saying they double-checked with the studio on the date I'm certainly not going to dispute it. Having said that, my crystal ball told me all the way back at the end of December that May 31st was the release date, so if it's now June 7th then that's a change from the original plans. It's not a big deal as 7 days isn't a huge delay. As long as it's coming sometime in the 2nd quarter I'm a happy camper.

Gary "can't wait to see what Gil Favor and the rest of the gang are doing in the fourth season" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Great news about Rawhide being continued. That pressed the 'hold' button for me about getting the Australian releases but it's good that they're out there as an alternative in case the R1 releases stall on this show.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Originally Posted by Gary OS

Quote:

Since Gord/Dave are saying they double-checked with the studio on the date I'm certainly not going to dispute it. Having said that, my crystal ball told me all the way back at the end of December that May 31st was the release date, so if it's now June 7th then that's a change from the original plans. It's not a big deal as 7 days isn't a huge delay. As long as it's coming sometime in the 2nd quarter I'm a happy camper.

Gary "can't wait to see what Gil Favor and the rest of the gang are doing in the fourth season" O.
I'm thrilled to see this confirmed...the 4th season has some good character development for the series leads, and the usual authentic and greatly staged action of course! "Incident at Rio Salado" has us meeting Rowdy's father, "...Blacksheep" features Richard baseheart, "Captains Wife" with Barbara Stanwyk...the Christmas episode "25 Santa Clauses"...we'll have to wait for volume 2 for "Boss's Daughters" (Gil's daughters come west) and "Reunion" (Pete Nolan returns)...IMO not a really bad episode in the bunch. The show to me just feels authentic and real for it's location shooting (Nogales, Arizona?)...especially when the going gets hot and dusty, you can almost smell them doggies....great show!

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Originally Posted by smithb

That's great news. I was hoping to hear something soon for planning out future spending.

I'm actually caught up on many of my series purchases with a few currently available hanging out there still to get (Matlock S5/S6, VTTBOTS S4V2, FKB S5). Looking forward to several releases between now and June (FKB S6, Virginian S4, Wagon Train S3, and now Rawhide S4V1). And waiting on word of some more for this year, hopefully (Perry Mason S6V1, Gunsmoke S5V1, and HGWT S6V1).

VTTBOTS?

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Wonderful news about the continuation of the "Rawhide" series, thanks for sharing that, Gary. Though not stalled anywhere near as long as HGWT was, I had become plenty concerned. I do hope they change the cover art, though. It's bad enough seeing Eastwood always front and center and Fleming in the background--but now he's completely off camera!

Charles Marquis Warren leaves as producer and in comes Endre Boehm to helm season 4 who I guess elected to drop "Incident" from the episode titles. Fortunately he did not step in blindly to the show like Ben Brady did with "The Outer Limits" and in fact served as executive script consultant from the very beginning of the series so I'm sure I'll be treated to many excellent shows when I get to finally view them for the first time. Very much looking forward to catching Richard Basehart in "The Black Sheep" as well as other perennial favorites like Claude Akins, Burgess Meredith, Gail Kobe, Darren McGavin and Jack Elam.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Michael, as always it's good to see you here. We've missed your presence and hope you can pop in more often! You're a classic Classic TV on DVD fan in my book.

Gary "now it's just a matter of waiting" O.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I am glad to hear about this release and hope S4V2 will follow (maybe this year). I also hope the top notch video quality continues.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Play.com and HMV.com have a UK release date for Rawhide's fourth season of Monday 10th October, 2011.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Only a few more days before I get to start enjoying Season Four of Rawhide!

Gary "I hope we see the 2nd volume before the end of the year" O.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Amen to that, Gary! Every now and then a stellar release for a vintage show comes to the fore and this is definitely one of them. It'll be great revisiting with this superb cast of characters.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by michael_ks

Amen to that, Gary! Every now and then a stellar release for a vintage show comes to the fore and this is definitely one of them. It'll be great revisiting with this superb cast of characters.

Yes indeed, Michael. My copy is supposed to show up today via UPS from Amazon. I'm really looking forward to watching this most excellent series again!

Gary "and it's good to see you posting, Michael" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by michael_ks

10-4, Mike, this one's a sure buy for me as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary OS
Quote:

Yes indeed, Michael. My copy is supposed to show up today via UPS from Amazon. I'm really looking forward to watching this most excellent series again!

Gary "and it's good to see you posting, Michael" O.

I'm about halfway thru S3 V1 viewing, been pacing this one along with Perry Mason. Both are gems.

Ditto on Mike's posting again, Gary.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
CBS/Paramount's New Remastering policy is as follows...screw it. Rawhide Season 4 vol 1 quite frankly looks like Ass.

Compared to season 1-3 I guess they figure the fans are lucky they are just releasing them. Never mind at a split season

premium. This and the last release of Bonanza was disgraceful. Wait until Encore Western shows these they'll look pristine

color me dissapointed in CBS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks