Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Switch: An HTF Interview with the young star of the film also featuring Jennifer Aniston and Jason Bateman

Lionsgate Interview

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Timothy E

Timothy E

Supporting Actor

• 889 posts

Posted March 18 2011 - 10:28 AM

On March 15, 2011, Lionsgate Films released The Switch on Blu-ray and DVD.  Jennifer Aniston plays Kassie, a single woman who is ready to have a baby and who gives birth to a son through artificial insemination.  Years pass by and Kassie's friend Wally (Jason Bateman), who switched the sperm samples to make his own donation, gets to know his biological son Sebastian, a cute if neurotic little boy played in the film by Thomas Robinson as well as by his real-life brother Bryce Robinson.

Thomas Robinson spoke to the Home Theater Forum about appearing in The Switch as well as some of his other roles.

How did you get started in acting at a young age?

Bryce – My brother started acting. He kind of pulled me into it.

Actors have to memorize a lot of dialogue sometimes.  Are you a natural at memorizing things or does it take some effort?

It takes some effort, but it’s not too hard.

Jennifer Aniston and Jason Bateman appear in The Switch with you.  Did you know who they are before you were cast in this film?

I knew who Jennifer Aniston was because Bryce had worked with her. But I didn’t know Jason Bateman.

Your brother Bryce plays an older version of Sebastian in The Switch.  Since Bryce is a few years older than you, he has a little more experience in acting in TV and films.  Does Bryce give you any advice about acting that is helpful to you?

Not really – he would if I asked, but when we’re not acting we like to do other stuff.

You played a character in the TV show Heroes.  Was that your first TV role?

Well, I had a commercial before that. But technically, it was my first thing.

Had you watched Heroes on TV before you played a character in that show?

No way! That’s really crazy and scary. I didn’t even watch my episode. But my parents did.

What kinds of movies and TV shows do you like to watch?

I like to watch “Chuck” with my family. Bryce and I like to watch Mythbusters, Cake Boss and stuff like that too.
As far as movies, I like a lot of not cheesy animated movies like Ratatouille. I also really liked King Speech, Blind Side, Inception, Julie and Julia and the Harry Potter Movies.

What kinds of movies and TV shows would you like to act in in the future?

I’m starting a new show called “Exit 19” in April. I don’t know what else.

Are there any actors, actresses, or directors that you admire that you might like to work with in the future?

I’ve had fun working with Daisy Tahan, Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman and Zachary Quinto (my dad on Heroes). I would love to work with any of them again and I hope it will be fun to work with everyone on my new show!

Thomas, thank you very much for talking to us at the Home Theater Forum.  Below are clips from The Switch starring Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, and Thomas Robinson.     B

Sebastian (Thomas Robinson) thinks he has an ailment based on Web MD .

Kassie (Jennifer Aniston) puts son Sebastian (Thomas Robinson) to bed .

Wally (Jason Bateman) and Sebastian (Thomas Robinson) share some quality time at the local aquarium.