Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

F.B.I. from WBA

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

#221 of 332 OFFLINE   Mike*HTF

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor

• 872 posts

Posted September 17 2012 - 05:54 PM

brilliant news!

#222 of 332 OFFLINE   MCCLOUD

MCCLOUD

Second Unit

• 301 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 02:59 PM

The Warner Archives website states that Season 3 Part 2 Of The FBI is newly remastered. However, the Warner Archives Website states that Season 3 Part 1 as well as The FBI Seasons 1 and 2 are NOT Remastered. Can someone comment about what this actually means? Do the episodes in Season 3 Part 2 Of The FBI look superior than the episodes from Seasons 1 and 2 and Season 3 Part 1? Thanks! God Bless! Robert

#223 of 332 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,172 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 01:03 PM

/t/309795/f-b-i-from-wba/180#post_3966329 Never seen anything like that on my discs.
    Have you had scratch marks/circle marks on the shiny side of discs in other Warner Archive TV half volume/season sets?

#224 of 332 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,172 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 01:17 PM

Jack, thanks for posting these updates/comments on the episodes in The FBI: The Third Season - Part One. Great news that the third season has been released by the Warner Archive, and hopefully the fourth season will follow soon (is it too much to suggest it might get released before the end of the year?). The third season's two volume sets should be made available to pre-order/purchase on Amazon.com and other DVD/Blu-ray shopping websites by the end of October (just a guess, as the latest Warner Archive film titles are strangely already available to purchase on Amazon.com, when normally it's a wait of 30-60 days after the release date on the Warner Archive's website).

#225 of 332 OFFLINE   Mike*HTF

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor

• 872 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 11:05 PM

Richard - Briefly glanced over both seasons of The F.B.I. & Girl From U.N.C.L.E. and noticed nothing like this.

#226 of 332 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,172 posts

Posted September 22 2012 - 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike*HTF /t/309795/f-b-i-from-wba/210#post_3978009 Richard - Briefly glanced over both seasons of The F.B.I. & Girl From U.N.C.L.E. and noticed nothing like this.
    This isn't meant in a confrontational way, but I find it a bit hard to believe that most or all people who collect Warner Archive TV show sets have perfect discs with no scratch marks whatsoever. Anyway, the discs in my copies of The FBI: The Second Season: Parts One & Two play fine. No disc playback problems.

#227 of 332 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,172 posts

Posted September 22 2012 - 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartfanning /t/309795/f-b-i-from-wba/180#post_3934512 I got the Season 2 The FBI DVD's from them recently. I ordered them separately and received them separately to avoid Customs charges. As it turned out they were mailed from within the UK, so I assume they bulk ship into the UK then repackage here. So they arrived in good condition.
    Do you remember when The FBI: The Second Season - Parts One and Two were made available to pre-order, and then buy, on Movietyme? Just trying to get an idea of when the third season will be available to pre-order on there. Have checked this past week, and only the second season of The FBI is available to buy on Movietyme.

#228 of 332 OFFLINE   Carabimero

Carabimero

Screenwriter

• 1,822 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted September 25 2012 - 10:13 PM

I just bought season one (both parts) and am looking forward to it.

books   

#229 of 332 OFFLINE   rwd11954

rwd11954

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted October 11 2012 - 02:16 PM

Curious question about Season 3 since The FBI was a Quinn Martin show as was The Fugitive. Anyone familiar with The Fugitive DVD releases is probably aware of the music substitutions that started with Season 2 and got mostly resolved by Season 4. I have both volumes of the recent Season 3 DVD release of The FBI and the incidental music used in these episodes has a bit of a substituted "feel" to me. This incidental music sounds more generic than an extension of the opening and ending theme music, which the incidental music mirrored a lot in Seasons 1 and 2. This all may be in my imagination as I haven't seen any of these episodes in decades, but the whole Fugitive thing made me wonder did they substitute any music in the remastering of Season 3, if in fact they did remaster. The quality of the video and sounds is fine, but not nearly perfect like Paramount remasters.

#230 of 332 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,560 posts

Posted October 12 2012 - 01:18 PM

Warners has not been known to do any music substitutions that I'm aware of. In fact, the reason why a number of classic titles are being held up is *because* they want to take care of music issues and not have to go that route. "The FBI" I would note did not rely too heavily on original music over the course of its run but would generally have just a few scores at most in a season and then recycle cues where appropriate.

#231 of 332 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,172 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 03:47 PM

Is there any word yet on how far away a possible release of the fourth season of The F.B.I. is ? Hopefully, the fourth and fifth seasons will get released by the Warner Archive next year.

#232 of 332 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,560 posts

Posted January 14 2013 - 11:53 AM

Got this answer from Warner Archive today. "S4 is currently in production. The wait will not be too much longer. Thanks." Great news as there's a particular S4 episode I've been waiting a couple years for!

#233 of 332 OFFLINE   hypnohighball

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator

• 181 posts
  • LocationBattle Ground, Washington

Posted January 14 2013 - 02:28 PM

Great news! I picked up all 3 seasons a month or so ago, and have been watching them in sequence. I'm down to Season 3 part 2, so it's nice to know I won't have too long until season 4 comes out. This show, by the way, is absolutely excellent. I don't remember watching it when it originally aired, and it's never been in syndication anywhere I've lived or at least I wasn't aware of it. I'm glad to be able to enjoy these shows now that I'm older and can really appreciate them.

#234 of 332 OFFLINE   jim_falconer

jim_falconer

Supporting Actor

• 535 posts

Posted January 14 2013 - 10:11 PM

I picked up season 2 when it was on sale at Best Buy for $20 (half season sets).  Still waiting for a decent price on season one.  I'm holding off watching this, because like you, I'd like to see them in sequential order.

#235 of 332 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,819 posts

Posted January 15 2013 - 02:32 AM

I picked up season 2 when it was on sale at Best Buy for $20 (half season sets).  Still waiting for a decent price on season one.  I'm holding off watching this, because like you, I'd like to see them in sequential order.
Warner Archive just had a series of sales in December. one sale had all TV shows at 35% off and another all at 25% off so it maybe a little while before the next big sale, probably the next big holiday. I blind bought Seaon one and Two in the spring of last year during a big sale. I'm halfway through Season 2, Vol. 1, I agree with above statements its a great show and might just be my favorite Quinn Martin show. I will definately be buying Season 3 and beyond.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

#236 of 332 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,560 posts

Posted February 19 2013 - 10:54 AM

Season 4 coming February 26. Thank you Warner Archive! http://www.tvshowson...-Season-4/18092 Now let's see "Tarzan" S2 come soon as well.

#237 of 332 OFFLINE   hypnohighball

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator

• 181 posts

Posted February 19 2013 - 03:09 PM

Season 4 coming February 26. Thank you Warner Archive! http://www.tvshowson...-Season-4/18092
Great news! I just pre-ordered, thanks for the link. :)

#238 of 332 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,819 posts

Posted February 20 2013 - 02:05 AM

Good news on Season 4 and good news on the continued Price drop on The F.B.I.. Season 1 and 2 were split season at $39.95 each. Season 3 still split season but $29.99 each. Now Season 4 is a complete Season for $49.99.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

#239 of 332 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,804 posts

Posted February 20 2013 - 02:15 AM

Good news on Season 4 and good news on the continued Price drop on The F.B.I.. Season 1 and 2 were split season at $39.95 each. Season 3 still split season but $29.99 each. Now Season 4 is a complete Season for $49.99.
I passed on the first 3 seasons as the prices were too high for me to replace my "alternate sources" that I had of the F.B.I.'s first 5 seasons, but now the price is more in tune with general wide release prices for TV season sets, and I think I'm ready to jump in. :D
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#240 of 332 OFFLINE   hypnohighball

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator

• 181 posts

Posted February 20 2013 - 04:00 AM

It's weird that I hadn't received an email from WA letting me know about season 4 coming out so soon as I'm on the mailing list not to mention I've purchased all the previous 3 seasons from them. It would be nice to hear more details about the set, esp. since it seems to be an entire season in one set instead of broken into two parts, also how many discs, etc. I would think we'll be hearing more details soon. The new, lower price is indeed nice, and, a bit surprising. It breaks down like this : Season #1 - $80 Season #2 - $80 Season #3 - $60 Season #4 - $50 Should certainly help sales, maybe they've found a way to fit more episodes on a single disc making the price lower? As long as they haven't decided to go to "flipper" discs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users