-

Photo
- - - - -

What are the chances of MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME coming to Blu-ray?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 MattFini

MattFini

Supporting Actor

• 607 posts

Posted March 17 2011 - 01:08 AM

I watched the first two installments of the trilogy on Blu-ray this weekend and was crushed to have to revert back to the DVD to cap off the series.

Warner has been pretty good about getting catalog titles out on Blu-ray.  What do you suppose the chances are they'll release Beyond Thunderdome?

Universal, please release Streets of Fire on Blu-ray.

#2 of 4 Worth

Worth

Screenwriter

• 1,127 posts

Posted March 17 2011 - 01:44 AM

They'll release it to coincide with the new Mad Max film, which is now scheduled to start shooting in January 2012.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.

#3 of 4 Michael Allred

Michael Allred

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted March 20 2011 - 10:10 AM

I would imagine some kind of "Mad Max" BD set for all three when the new flick hits theaters (even if the new one has no Gibson.)

#4 of 4 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,149 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted March 21 2011 - 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Allred 

I would imagine some kind of "Mad Max" BD set for all three when the new flick hits theaters (even if the new one has no Gibson.)

MGM has US rights to the first film, while Warner has US rights to the 2nd and 3rd films. So they'd have to agree on a licensing deal one way or another.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932