Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Criterion Press Release: Kiss Me Deadly (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,470 posts

Posted March 15 2011 - 01:33 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   rich_d

rich_d

Screenwriter

• 2,000 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted March 15 2011 - 02:37 PM

To my mind a terrific and influential film and a personal favorite. I like the cover but the C would be far better by itself and not in some box and they could lose the text at the bottom as well.  The old Look Magazine idea is fine by itself.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Executive Producer

• 10,187 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted March 16 2011 - 03:33 AM

Look forward to this!

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Producer

• 4,316 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted March 16 2011 - 06:45 AM

I was doing some reading on Criterion's forum, and some people thought this cover straddles the line between the Life Magazine look and a pulp paperback look.  The "C" block represents the paperback publisher logo and price, and the photograph and Mickey Spillane line at the bottom convey the pulp feel.  And even though I know that some of the older paperbacks put the title in a plain block of text like that, these elements taken together with this particular color scheme still suggest (at a glance) a LIFE cover.  And all that's a bit more nit-picky than I care about.  It looks great, and I'm buying.