• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Victor Ruiz

Victor Ruiz

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 15 2011 - 11:21 AM

Hi to everybody, maybe this question has been asked before about this particular model Sony bdp-s350, I have been reading around the internet about the same issue. The problem is that some bd discs will play and others don't, for example, it will play 10000 b.c. but it won't play public enemies. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

#2 of 5 Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 10,168 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted March 16 2011 - 04:30 AM

Have you updated the firmware on the player?

Public Enemies played fine on my BDP-S350 with the then current firmware release.

#3 of 5 Victor Ruiz

Victor Ruiz

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 16 2011 - 04:25 PM

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes I have updated the firmware via ethernet, but still the same problem. This issue is with several of my bd discs i.e. terminator salvation, righteous kill, the boondock saints, etc. and others play just fine, I even contacted Sony support, did a reset, disconnected the unit, etc., as per the support person at Sony, needs service. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

p.s. all regular dvd's play just fine.

#4 of 5 Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 10,168 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted March 16 2011 - 11:56 PM

The only other thing I can think of is if you have either a dirty laser lens or if some of your discs need cleaning. Otherwise, it sounds like there is a hardware malfunction somewhere.

My BDP-S350 has played every disc I've tried over the past 2.5 years. I had an issue with the audio not synching up with my Pioneer Elite receiver recently on a couple of new titles, but have not experienced the problem since Sony issued another firmware update a few weeks ago.

#5 of 5 Victor Ruiz

Victor Ruiz

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted April 05 2011 - 12:53 PM

Hi again, yes it has the new firmware update but same problem persists, I think it is broken.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users