Stunt Coordinator
I am surprised no one has posted about this:
http://www.jbfilms.com/#/television/coldcase
Coming soon to dvd!!!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Hopefully this will turn out to be true. I was watching an episode of Without a Trace on DVD and the music was intact, so I'm hoping this will work out for CC as well. We'll just have to wait and see.
If this does come out on DVD maybe there is hope other series such a The Wonder Years, BJ & the Bear and New York Undercover may get released on DVD as well. :)

SimonTemplar

Stunt Coordinator
I have a feeling that there were other legal aspects to this being delayed rather than the music.
I suspect we will see it on WAC.

skees53

Agent
Real Name
David
SimonTemplar said:
I have a feeling that there were other legal aspects to this being delayed rather than the music.
I suspect we will see it on WAC.
There was an issue when the show premiered regarding the idea being "stolen" from the producers of the Canadian series Cold Squad. I don't think the Cold Squad producers ever actually took legal action, but they did retain an attorney to do just that.
I really do wish that they would release the series on DVD. I personally don't like ANY of the Jerry Bruckheimer shows except for this one (the CSI series, in particular, are just awful in my opinion), yet this is basically the only one not on DVD.
As for the link from the jbfilms.com website, it appears that it says "coming soon to DVD" for all of the series listed on there which are not currently airing... I'm not so confident about it.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Returning to that site, and seeing many of his other shows that aren't out on DVD say they are "Coming Soon", I'm just going to take this with a Grain of Salt. :rolleyes:

SimonTemplar

Stunt Coordinator
I imagine that it is likely that Jerry B is looking to maximize his investment in shows that aren't running any more by getting them out on dvd. The MOD programmes have made it possible for non-big hitter shows to be distributed in smaller runs than would be needed in a full release. The recent Without a Trace S3 release is a good sign.
I am dubious about the validity of the received wisdom that Cold Case's absence on dvd is entirely due to music rights. In the 1960s, the UK's Lew Grade made himself and his distribution company ITC extremely rich by being a forward thinking businessman. As a result, when he used The Beatles in The Prisoner, or any other popular music, he got the rights in perpetuity.
DVD was around when the 1st season of CSI went to air and TV on DVD was also around. JB is a rich business man and I find it hard to believe that he didn't have an eye on the home entertainment market for any of the shows he was considering producing.
With Cold Case, there are many other areas of legality that may also be responsible for the delay. CBS vs Warner, perhaps, or the Cold Squad vs Cold Case potential litigation. I do understand that nothing went to court at the time, but the Canadian company retained an extremely successful copyright lawyer. Who knows how much of a cut they may demand behind the scenes.
I am aware that I am being optimistic in regards to this. I am good with optimism. Many films and TV shows I was certain would never see the light day on DVD have done so in excellent packages too.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I was flipping through my Roku channel last night and saw that this show was up there. So, I decided to watch an episode and it did contain several significant songs. So maybe its streaming with music intact? My suggestion is that if it is, the people who want the show should fire up their DVD recorders and get to recording because you're not getting it any other way.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
Can confirm all seven seasons are uncut with original music. They were added to Roko a couple years back and then also made appearances on HBO Max and Amazon Prime in selected countries.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks