Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dish hddvr hdmi connection problem!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 PatrickMiller

PatrickMiller

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted March 12 2011 - 07:17 PM

My dvr is connected to my Pioneer vsx-520  via HDMI and out to Samsung PN50C550 via HDMI but tv does not recognize.It works straight to tv. Have tried every input(3), my bd player works in each! Ive read the Dish and tv manual, no help. Any help is appreciated!

#2 of 6 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,050 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted March 13 2011 - 08:01 AM

You have eliminated the TV as the issue.  If you used the same cable to test the Dish receiver as you did the Blu-ray, then you eliminated the cable as the issue.  The only thing left is the Dish equipment.

#3 of 6 PatrickMiller

PatrickMiller

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted March 13 2011 - 02:34 PM

I dont understand, if signal is passed thru cable why would dvr not allow it thru rec.?

#4 of 6 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,050 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted March 14 2011 - 12:16 AM

Because Dish has been know to have features disabled in software as well as poor quality hardware.  If you want to check, DBS Talk dot com has a section devoted to all things Dish.

#5 of 6 PatrickMiller

PatrickMiller

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted March 15 2011 - 02:30 PM

okay, rechecked my manuals, no help unless I missed something. I was beginning to think my optical was bad cause it doesnt work out of BD plalyer to rec. or dvr to rec. but I can see the light in the end. Does that mean it is def. working? Dvr has no digital coax but BD does, it worked fine! Ive tried both optical inputs on rec. Guess I will try component later and check out that site, thanks!

#6 of 6 PatrickMiller

PatrickMiller

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted March 16 2011 - 11:39 AM

Finally got hdmi audio to work by switching from dolby/pcm to pcm, switched back and it still works! Im keeping my fingers crossed! Im bummed that the rec. isnt doing optical cause it is new but I dont need it now so I will live with it, doesnt seem worth returning to amazon! Thanks all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users