-

Photo
- - - - -

Switching HTIB speakers?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   dkopcso

dkopcso

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted March 11 2011 - 02:18 PM

So i got the onkyo HTS - 5300 im no audiophile and love the system.  One question though - my girl hates the bigger speaker look, so i was wondering can i sub the rear speakers

SKR -800 130W = max power and  6 (omega i think) imped. for the front ones

SKF-580 same W adn omega.
If so will i lose any sound quality.... then i would put new smaller rear speakers in to keep her from hating the look in the living room.

Basically these speakers seem similar but with different sizes - is that the case or is there a performance deference and how much would it be noticeable.

thanks for any help

D

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,713 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted March 11 2011 - 05:19 PM

Moving from larger speakers to smaller ones you will lose a little bass response. The larger speakers are probably of a little higher quality since the fronts speakers do much more than the smaller surrounds. Not the ideal thing to do but...Posted Image . Over-all you will be stepping down a bit in sound quality but you might either not notice it too much or you might get used to it over time. Make sure you run the Audyssey feature again as it might need to reset the crossover.

"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.