Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Best acoustic songs that no-one knows about?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   veggiop

veggiop

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted March 09 2011 - 08:17 PM

Here is a challenge to all you acoustic lovers: what are the best acoustic songs that no-one but you know about? The kind of thing you throw into a conversation, after which everyone does that kind of scrunchy lip-thing as if to say, "no, no, only you know that one..."

I'll start.

1) 30 Odd Foot of Grunts - "Sail Those Same Oceans"
2) David Ford - "I Don't Care What You Call Me"
3) Robert Downey, jr - "Snakes"
4) Tabitha's Secret - "Dear Joan"

Go on, amuse me!

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,734 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted March 12 2011 - 04:10 AM

Off the top I'm going with Hoping Love Will Last (vocals-Randy Crawford) from Steve Hackett's "Please Don't Touch" album.

That one, along with his "Cured" album, are two of my favorite Sunday morning cd's.

"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Phil A

Phil A

Screenwriter

• 2,894 posts
  • LocationCentral FL

Posted March 13 2011 - 03:42 AM

I really like Vandaveer.  I've seen them a couple of times.  Like both their albums I have lots.