What's new

McMillian & Wife Season 3: Original NBC Mystery Movie Opening Included (1 Viewer)

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I got my set for McMillan & Wife Season 3 today. Well, the one thing people have been asking for for years has happened. The original NBC Sunday Mystery Movie theme and opening has been included at the beginning of each episode. At least on Disc 1, since that is all I have watched so far. Well, it just goes to show you that wishes do come true.

Now, since this is the third season of this show, the opening includes not only Columbo, McMillan & Wife, and McCloud, but Heck Ramsey as well.

I just wanted to pass on this news to anxious fans.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
That's great to hear! I got my set today but hadn't had time to watch.

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
That is great news! I picked up my copy on Tuesday and am sitting down to watch "Death of a Monster...Birth of a Legend" tonight. It will be great to have the original NBC Sunday Night Mystery movie theme playing at the beginning of the episode! I hope VEI releases the remaining two "And Wife" seasons within the next year as well.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Do you mean the man with the flashlight opening? That would be great! I was never into McMillan, but I might have to get it for that.

Originally Posted by Brian Himes

I got my set for McMillan & Wife Season 3 today. Well, the one thing people have been asking for for years has happened. The original NBC Sunday Mystery Movie theme and opening has been included at the beginning of each episode. At least on Disc 1, since that is all I have watched so far. Well, it just goes to show you that wishes do come true.

Now, since this is the third season of this show, the opening includes not only Columbo, McMillan & Wife, and McCloud, but Heck Ramsey as well.

I just wanted to pass on this news to anxious fans.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The cover art for the Season 4 and 5 releases are now available for viewing. I really don't like the S5 one. That's about the most unflattering picture of Susan Saint James they could have chosen.

Season 2 also was a botched cover by using S1 publicity pix when Hudson had a moustache, the only point in the series when he did.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Finally got Seasons 2 & 3 thru B&N and their Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale. After being stalled for so long, it's great to not only get further seasons, but get them all in very short order.

Have to say though, I've watched three eps so far over the two seasons and they haven't been as strong as I remembered- with Sally reduced to usually little more than a cameo for each outing. It must have been the first season shows that had left the big impression on me when I first saw them on the CBS late movie over thirty years ago.

Still, despite a bit of a disappointment, it's so cool to finally have this itch scratched that I'm thinking of pre-ordering Volumes 4&5 from Deep Discount where they are currently $23.50 with the 25% off sale (sale ends tomorrow).

Gotta add I was also very happy to see they didn't replicate Universals waste of space packaging, and instead went with a now standard slim three disc case.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Thrilled at the fast tracking of this series, and the NBC Mystery Movie opening was a welcome bonus. A minor complaint...the fourth season DVDs have the same opening as the third season, but they shouldn't. Hec Ramsey was replaced by Amy Prentiss. It's a tiny complaint about a great release, but I was mildly disappointed. I wonder why they didn't use the later intro.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'd sure like to know why Amazon isn't shipping my order. I just got a delayed until August 10 notice from them.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
that sucks about the delay from Amazon. When DD extended it's sale last month, they had some oddball pricing for a day or two and people were able to order both sets for $18.50 each. I've had mine for a couple weeks now. Normally I would prefer to use Amazon, especially since I have Prime- but that delay would have drove me nuts. After being disappointed by most of the eps I've watched across 2, 3, and 4- I finally hit one that to me was classic M&W- the first ep on season 4, 'Downshift To Danger'. Good supporting cast- but what really made it was the fun (although not too original) premise and the return of the great Nick & Nora-esque chemistry and banter between the leads. Hopefully there won't be too many more duds left.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Madman have a release date on their website for McMillan and Wife: The Complete Fifth Season - Wednesday 19th October, 2011.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I picked up Seasons 3, 4, & 5 of McMillian & Wife today and have spend most of the evening on Season 3 and enjoying it. Now, does anyone have any news on Hec Ramsey possibly being released? I can't seem to find the thread on it but there was some chatter then found out it was just rumor.

Chuck B

Auditioning
Real Name
Charles
In case anyone was interested, VEI is toying with the idea of putting out McMillan & Wife on Blu-ray. If anyone would like to see it, I would suggest sending some emails to [email protected] and let them know how much you'd like to see this. Cheers

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Charles (or anyone else who may know)-- Do you hav any idea what is on the 22nd disc of the complete series set? All the individual seasons add up to 21 discs, but the series package is labeled a 22-disc set.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Maybe S1 is getting redone on single sided discs? Remember, when Universal did S1 it was in the dreaded double sided format. That might be incentive for me to double dip at some point!

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Yes, Jack I was assuming (hoping?) they would redo Season 1, but I still count 21 discs. Four each for seasons 1, 2, and 5 and three each for 3, 4, and 6. So unless they just put the pilot on its own disc or something, a 22nd disc might contain some new material.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I wrote to VEI, and got a very nice response. No bonus material; they just broke it up onto 22 discs.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
But is S1 redone on single sided discs or are they just packaging old Universal discs?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks