Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

River Wild - Simulated 3D

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   bob kaplan

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor

• 564 posts

Posted March 08 2011 - 07:09 AM

Just watch RIVER WILD Blu ray on my SONY with simulated 3D.   Was a lot of fun...Bacon is just soooooo bad, Streep is so good, and Strathairn so earnest....and the scenery in 3D is beautiful!!!  If viewing the movie as it was not really intended does not offend you sensibilities....give this one a try with "simulated" 3D.  Wasn't too bad....and a lot of fun.   The dog was great too!!

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,520 posts

Posted March 08 2011 - 09:09 AM

Bob, Are you saying you used the gimmicky 2D to 3D conversion that the display provides? I have yet to see anything remotely impressive using the 2D to 3D upconvert.  Glad to hear you found something that looked satisfying.  Unfortunately I do not have this title in my collection.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   bob kaplan

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor

• 564 posts

Posted March 08 2011 - 02:40 PM

Oh!...i said "it wasn't too bad..."  which is a bit of distance from "impressive"....but i can enjoy many movies without them being impressive....and the simulated 3D did make me take more notice of  the beautiful cinematography and action at times...and have a bit more fun with the movie.  Perhaps i am too easily satisfied....but...oh well....it's just me i have to keep satisfied.  It certainly did not compare to a well done 3D movie....but it worked. 

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,520 posts

Posted March 08 2011 - 11:40 PM

Bob, This is actually good to hear.  I should try experimenting with more material when considering 2D -> 3D conversion.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,032 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 09 2011 - 12:46 AM

In reading some reports on the 2011 3D Blu-ray player models, I saw that many of them are going to come with built-in 2D to 3D conversion algorithms so that those who don't have a 3D TV that can simulate 3D can have it simulated through the player.