Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

77 Sunset Strip / Hawaiian Eye, etc.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke

Supporting Actor

• 647 posts

Posted March 07 2011 - 08:52 AM

I wonder when Warner is gonna open the vaults on Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, Surfside Six, and all the Westerns (Maverick, etc).

They are obviously serious about releasing some older stuff as there was a press release floating around stating that all 9 seasons of the F.B.I. were coming out later this year.

#2 of 8 ONLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Producer

• 4,262 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted March 07 2011 - 08:54 AM

And how about Bourbon Street Beat?  I've been dreaming about these titles for a long, long time.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,582 posts

Posted March 08 2011 - 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Chas in CT 

And how about Bourbon Street Beat?  I've been dreaming about these titles for a long, long time.

Sorry to say, but I think the only way your dreams come true will be by Warner BOD, even then an iffy proposition.  Believe me, I'm just as anxious as you to see them, but Warner just doesn't give a crap about their treasure trove of B&W detective and western shows.  At least Encore Westerns has given us Maverick, Cheyenne, and now Lawman as well.  Maybe they will give us Colt .45, The Alaskans, The Dakotas, Bronco, and Sugarfoot as well.

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,143 posts

Posted March 08 2011 - 04:35 AM

Also, Good Life TV gave us 77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, Surfside 6, Bourbon Street Beat, Bronco, Sugarfoot and The Gallant Men. Really the only shows from the classic era that have not run anywhere recently are Colt 45, Roaring 20s, The Dakotas and The Alaskans.

#5 of 8 ONLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Producer

• 4,262 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted March 08 2011 - 04:37 AM

What is Good Life TV?

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,013 posts

Posted March 08 2011 - 08:53 AM

What is Good Life TV?

It was a cable network with limited coverage in too few homes.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,582 posts

Posted March 08 2011 - 08:57 AM

What is Good Life TV?

Now called American Life TV, or ALN, it is a cable channel that used to show a fantastic schedule of retro TV programs, that Neil mentioned, and lots of others as well.  For some reason, they abandoned the retro TV philosophy and now broadcast a bunch of cooking, health, religious, and paid programming shows.  But it used to be what TV Land was in "the good old days" and more. <sigh>

See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   bobPON

bobPON

Stunt Coordinator

• 56 posts

Posted May 11 2011 - 08:38 AM

Warner Bros. better hurry up and get those shows out. The people that remember them and that would buy them aren't getting any younger.