What's new

Center Channel Speaker won't fit furniture (1 Viewer)

jkpalmer

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Palmer
After saving my pennies and finally getting the home theater system that I've been dreaming of, it's now time to finish the project by putting it into some nice furniture.

I thought that this would be easy, and had a unit delivered yesterday, only to have it sent back.

My problem is that most furniture only has vertical clearance for center speakers of 9 inches. My center speaker is 9 1/8 inches high. Also, it's a bit wider than most at 20 7/8 inches wide.

The stand that I sent back was a Salamander - Sonoma 336. The company that I purchased from said they measured and my center speaker would fit, but my guess is they didn't actually try my speaker.....

Can anyone recommend a company that can accommodate a little customization in their configuration?

-jP

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I don't know of any companies, but there's a huge thread at Avsforum about furniture for flat panel TV's. It's under the "Flat Panel TV" section.

Or have a carpenter build one for you.

chuckg

Supporting Actor
I was forced to build my own entertainment center, since every one I looked at was either ugly, expensive, or did not have room for the equipment. I must say my solution is cooler than what I could have purchased, too.

Salamander

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
I know this is a little late, but the Sonoma 336 from our Chameleon series have a center channel opening of 9". Because there is a 1" bar that goes across the entire top of the cabinet, the opening for the center channel is 9" but a 10" tall center channel will fit in if you place it in the cabinet before putting the top in place. The cabinets come without the top on the unit so you can add the infinitely adjustable shelves wherever you want to in the unit. The width of the speaker would make it a little tricky but the unit can be customized to make this center channel fit. If anyone has a similar scenario that they need help with they can always call us here at Salamander at 800-535-5659 and we would be able to make this work for you.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I had the same problem but surprisingly, Best Buy had a furniture piece that was perfect. Take measuring tape and try there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks