Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Which are the Negative and Postive Contacts?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,346 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 06 2011 - 05:11 AM

I've got this Zeikos battery for my new camera and a Vivitar universal charger.  The 2 contact points on the charger can be moved to align with the contact points on the battery.  The battery has 4 contacts points and  the label on the battery which doesn't  align exactly enough  to tell me which of the two I should use.

Here's a link to the battery: http://zeikos.com/co...4247568da99d9d6

Can you  tell me which are the two contact points?  BTW, the interior of the camera has 4 contact points.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,641 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted March 07 2011 - 11:30 AM

I think the 2 inner connects are for the "smart" charger to know when to stop or go to a trickle charge or something.   My battery has three terminals and it's marked like the Zeikos battery as it is marked +. 1 and a T in the middle..      Can you take a DV voltmeter and see if you can measure 3.8v (DC) between the two contacts (on the battery, not the charger) on the ends? if so, then I would think it would be safe to think that the ends are as marked on the battery and the 2 middle terminals is just used by the charge that originally came with the camera...

Just an educated guess though...

Jay

You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,346 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 08 2011 - 08:40 AM

I tried it out by lining up the charter contacts with the 1st & 3rd battery contacts (left to right in the  picture of the battery).  It apparently worked.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend