What's new

Which are the Negative and Postive Contacts? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I've got this Zeikos battery for my new camera and a Vivitar universal charger. The 2 contact points on the charger can be moved to align with the contact points on the battery. The battery has 4 contacts points and the label on the battery which doesn't align exactly enough to tell me which of the two I should use.

Here's a link to the battery: http://zeikos.com/copy/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=375&osCsid=28c9f97de46f185af4247568da99d9d6

Can you tell me which are the two contact points? BTW, the interior of the camera has 4 contact points.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I think the 2 inner connects are for the "smart" charger to know when to stop or go to a trickle charge or something. My battery has three terminals and it's marked like the Zeikos battery as it is marked +. 1 and a T in the middle.. Can you take a DV voltmeter and see if you can measure 3.8v (DC) between the two contacts (on the battery, not the charger) on the ends? if so, then I would think it would be safe to think that the ends are as marked on the battery and the 2 middle terminals is just used by the charge that originally came with the camera...

Just an educated guess though...

Jay

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I tried it out by lining up the charter contacts with the 1st & 3rd battery contacts (left to right in the picture of the battery). It apparently worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation483
Recent bookmarks