-Not Logged In-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

My First Plasma

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Meathos

• 3 posts

Posted March 05 2011 - 09:23 AM

this will be my first HDTV and i have decided to go with plasma because of the superior quality in a low light room. my budget is around $800 and i want to go with a 1080p between 40"-50". i'm not very interested in something 3D ready. are there any other specs i should be taking under serious consideration? i am not opossed to going with and open box deal and would actually rather have a referb. i have a lot of experience with PC components and i have found the referbs are much better because they are tested individually instead of just falling off of an assembly line into a box, not to mention cheaper. i usually buy all of my hardware from newegg.com but i haven't found anything there that interests me. all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   GMpasqua

• 1,433 posts

Posted March 05 2011 - 09:31 AM

love my Plasma Set

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   GeorgeAB

Second Unit

• 481 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted March 05 2011 - 01:16 PM

Tigerdirect.com has had refurbs consistently over the years.  I have purchased a wide assortment of new and used computer gear from them with excellent results.  They also do AV gear.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Meathos

• 3 posts

Posted March 07 2011 - 11:21 AM

i am all but set on the Samsung  51" PN51D450. it is only 720p but i read that it is you can barely notice on sets less than 55" or so especially if you are viewing from more than 6' away. considering this i just couldn't justify spending at least an extra $100 for a slight difference. it is also supposed to be more efficient than similar plasmas. after tax i can get it at my local Sam's club for $715.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   fesemo

• 3 posts

Posted April 04 2011 - 07:01 AM

Plasma have not future by its high consumption. In fact, in the European Union is prohibited. It is better LED.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users