What's new

My First Plasma (1 Viewer)

Meathos

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
this will be my first HDTV and i have decided to go with plasma because of the superior quality in a low light room. my budget is around $800 and i want to go with a 1080p between 40"-50". i'm not very interested in something 3D ready. are there any other specs i should be taking under serious consideration?

i am not opossed to going with and open box deal and would actually rather have a referb. i have a lot of experience with PC components and i have found the referbs are much better because they are tested individually instead of just falling off of an assembly line into a box, not to mention cheaper.

i usually buy all of my hardware from newegg.com but i haven't found anything there that interests me. all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

GeorgeAB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
G. Alan Brown
Tigerdirect.com has had refurbs consistently over the years. I have purchased a wide assortment of new and used computer gear from them with excellent results. They also do AV gear.

Meathos

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
i am all but set on the Samsung 51" PN51D450. it is only 720p but i read that it is you can barely notice on sets less than 55" or so especially if you are viewing from more than 6' away. considering this i just couldn't justify spending at least an extra $100 for a slight difference. it is also supposed to be more efficient than similar plasmas. after tax i can get it at my local Sam's club for $715.

fesemo

Auditioning
Real Name
Fernando
Plasma have not future by its high consumption. In fact, in the European Union is prohibited. It is better LED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks