What's new

Beastly - quick review (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Aimed at young teen girls, I found "Beastly" to have quite a lot of charm, mainly from its playful tone throughout its plotline. As a contemporary take on "Beauty and the Beast", Kyle (Alex Pettyfer) is handsome Adonis-type with great hair and looks, but with little regards to being empathetic towards his lessers. He gets cursed with presenting his ugly insides with outwardly unsightly scars and tattoos and markings on now bald head, and has to learn how to truly court a girl he is interested in without his physical advantages in his former form, and that girl would be Lindy (Vanessa Hudgens, who I didn't much care for as a teen star on the rise, but as she gets older, she's gotten really pretty).

Kyle's initial attempts to woo Lindy are of the superficial kind, but he gets help from Zola (Lisa Gay Hamilton) and Will (Neil Patrick Harris), and slowly becomes confident enough to reveal his scarred looks to Lindy. Can love be found between such a beauty and such a beast? Will Kyle ever return to normal, or is he stuck in this beastly transformation forever?

I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks