Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Jane Russell dead at age 89

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted February 28 2011 - 12:04 PM

://www.variety.com/article/VR1118033033

Jane Russell, the voluptuous, heavily promoted star of Howard Hughes' controversial Western "The Outlaw," who later proved herself to be an adept comedienne and singer in such films as "Paleface" and "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes," died Monday, Feb. 28 in Santa Maria, Calif. She was 89.

http://latimesblogs....dies-at-89.html

"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson

Screenwriter

• 2,959 posts

Posted February 28 2011 - 12:14 PM

This caught me off guard more than any other celebrity passing of recent years.  She was announced to appear at the Chicago Hollywood show at the end of March and I just received a poster in the mail 2 days ago that I was going to have autographed.  I was greatly looking forward to meeting Ms. Russell and assumed that she was in good health with the show already announced. R.I.P.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 26,423 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted February 28 2011 - 04:29 PM

When you get that age, you can have good health then all of a sudden get sick and go real fast.  Actually, I mistakenly thought she already passed a few years back.  May she R.I.P.  I particularly liked her films with Robert Mitchum as they had good film chemistry together. Crawdaddy

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• 14,854 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted March 01 2011 - 04:09 AM

Sad news. Not a huge fan but I liked her in the two Bob Hope Paleface films. R.I.P.

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Top 10 Charts

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 2,300 posts

Posted March 02 2011 - 04:42 AM

I watched Gentlemen Prefer Blondes last night. Jane Russell was excellent. When she was given decent material and a good director, Jane was really something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users