Jump to content

Sign up for a free account to remove the pop-up ads

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Anyone know what type of adhesive is used to glue coils to motherboards on speakers?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   tfryerje



  • 46 posts
  • Join Date: Feb 19 2011

Posted February 27 2011 - 07:12 PM

There is what I can only describe as a thread spool with wire tightly coiled around it that has come unglued to the motherboard of the speaker. Does anyone know what adhesive is commonly used so that I may get some and re-adhere it?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Robert_J


    Lead Actor

  • 8,160 posts
  • Join Date: Aug 22 2000
  • Real Name:Robert
  • LocationMississippi

Posted February 28 2011 - 01:16 AM

I use plain hot glue.  But anything will work from Plumber's Goop to E6000.  All are available at your local Wal-Mart.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   winniw


    Second Unit

  • 287 posts
  • Join Date: Dec 19 2010

Posted March 01 2011 - 03:57 AM

The spool that you mention is known as a "coil" or "inductor" and it is fixed to the "crossover". I have used silicone adhesive but as Robert said... just about anything is okay.