-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"Courtship of Eddie's Father" & "Grizzly Adams"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#21 of 68 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,724 posts

Posted October 14 2011 - 03:01 AM

Well I just placed my preorder at Deep Discount. Hope they honor that price.

#22 of 68 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,059 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 14 2011 - 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by cajunhillbilly 

Well I just placed my preorder at Deep Discount. Hope they honor that price.

Me, too.  Just placed my order.

I want to thank everyone here who posted their comments on the quality of the set. 

I have only vague recollections of this show from it's original airings (I was 10-13 years old during it's original run.) but I remember the show always looking soft.  I realize that seems like an odd recollection from a child's memory...but it always seemed to me like it was 16mm film in a 35mm world--really grainy and dark.  I'm sure I'm all mistaken, however.  Maybe I'm recalling some especially bad syndicated prints.

In other words, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the show looks like and seeing how watchable it is today.  This is from a HUGE Leave It to Beaver fan.  I like mild sit-coms about relationships when done well.  I remember really liking the show when I was a kid and am hoping it holds up for me as an adult.  My wife is going to be very excited to see it.  She has the same fond memories.  In fact, it may be under the Christmas tree for her a a surprise.

I was always a big Bill Bixby fan too.

And thanks to Scott for the heads up on the Deep Discount deal.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#23 of 68 smithb

smithb

Screenwriter

• 1,536 posts

Posted October 14 2011 - 04:40 AM

I was always a big Bill Bixby fan too. 

The main reason My Favorite Martian and the Hulk made my collection is because of what Bill Bixby brings to the shows. Hoping the Magician makes an appearance on DVD one of these days. Might be tougher since it wa only one season.

#24 of 68 Statskeeper

Statskeeper

Second Unit

• 262 posts

Posted October 15 2011 - 02:26 AM

It's now listed on DD for $20.67! That's a price that just may get me to buy.

#25 of 68 vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted October 15 2011 - 03:26 AM

I'm getting tired of people saying 16mm prints = syndication. Don't they realize that there's 16mm copies of the UNCUT NETWORK versions as well?
 To all fans of Mr. Belvedere who haven't purchased season 4 yet, please watch this video.

#26 of 68 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,059 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 15 2011 - 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

I have only vague recollections of this show from it's original airings (I was 10-13 years old during it's original run.) but I remember the show always looking soft.  I realize that seems like an odd recollection from a child's memory...but it always seemed to me like it was 16mm film in a 35mm world--really grainy and dark.  I'm sure I'm all mistaken, however.  Maybe I'm recalling some especially bad syndicated prints.

Originally Posted by vnisanian2001 

I'm getting tired of people saying 16mm prints = syndication. Don't they realize that there's 16mm copies of the UNCUT NETWORK versions as well?

Assuming that you are referring to my quote above...nowhere there did I say anything close to "16mm prints = syndication."  I wasn't even referencing syndicated prints when I mentioned 16mm film.

So, there's nothing of which to be tired here.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#27 of 68 vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted October 15 2011 - 10:22 AM

It was in reference to Ethan's post.
 To all fans of Mr. Belvedere who haven't purchased season 4 yet, please watch this video.

#28 of 68 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,059 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 15 2011 - 10:31 AM

My mistake.  Sorry for making the wrong assumption.

I'm still not sure, though, that I see anything negative in what Ethan wrote.  He just seems to be wondering if the DVD transfers may have been from original 35mm masters?  Ethan and I seem to have similar recollections of viewing some pretty awful looking episodes of "Courtship" back in the day.  I don't think asking if these were struck from 35mm precludes the possibility they may have been struck from 16mm copies of the original eps.

#29 of 68 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted October 17 2011 - 12:21 PM

I would like it if grizzly adams would get released also

#30 of 68 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,059 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 22 2011 - 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by ScottDombrowski 

For anyone interested in the "Courtship of Eddie's Father" Season 1 set, Deep Discount has it up for preorder, showing a release date of 11/01, for $20.67 off a list price of $26.99! Not sure if this is a mistake since it's currently $39.95 at the Warner Archive site, but it's a great deal. I've preordered mine and hopefully even if there is a mistake in the listing they'll honor the $20.67 price. I've just never seen any of the archive releases go down so much in price after having just been released?

Deep Discount now has this title up for $40.45 based on a list price of $49.99.

Hope they honor the earlier price...

#31 of 68 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,724 posts

Posted October 24 2011 - 01:14 PM

Deep Discount now has this title up for $40.45 based on a list price of $49.99.

Hope they honor the earlier price...

Me too. I can afford the earlier price, but not the $40 price.

#32 of 68 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,724 posts

Posted October 25 2011 - 03:12 AM

good news. When checking my banks website I saw that Deep Discount was credited the $20 plus change that I was originally charged for the Courtship of Eddies Father. So they are honoring the priginal price. Great

#33 of 68 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,724 posts

Posted November 02 2011 - 04:06 AM

well I emailed Deep Discount asking when they were shipping out my copy of Eddies Father and got the following reply. We're sorry to inform you that the item is temporarily out of stock and unavailable to ship. The item will ship as soon as it becomes available.We apologize for the inconvenience and remind you that your credit card will not be charged until your order has shipped. Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate yourbusiness. Regards, Sales Support "GD"DeepDiscountcs@DeepDiscount.com How can it be "out of stock" when it is MOD? and also Wells Fargo shows that they charged my debit card already. This is starting to smell fishy to me.

#34 of 68 smithb

smithb

Screenwriter

• 1,536 posts

Posted November 02 2011 - 04:24 AM

Deep Discount can be okay when things ship on time. However, I've typically found the "temporarily out of stock" message from them a bad sign. Six months ago I ordered the "Hunt for Red October" bluray from them for around $10. They had a better price then anyone else at the time. Unfortunately, I received the same email as you soon after. About two months later I re-checked and my order was still open and they had the item listed as in stock, but at a higher price. I sent an email to customer service stating that if it is in stock I expected it to ship at the price at the time I ordered, or they should cancel it so i can get it from somewhere else. They cancelled. They don't always seem to like to honor prices after they run out of stock during a sale, but they won't cancel it. Meaning it could still show up at a later date. That's why i don't even include them in my price comparisons any more. They just aren't worth the trouble.

#35 of 68 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,059 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 02 2011 - 04:35 AM

Willard:

My bank account is simply showing a "hold" on funds by Deep Discount.  It actually hasn't been debited from my account yet.  But that hold has existed since we placed our orders around the middle of October.

I will send an e-mail, too...and see what happens.

The title is currently listed on their site and not showing that it's out-of-stock...

#36 of 68 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,724 posts

Posted November 02 2011 - 10:44 AM

I bet that is a hold in my account as well. But how can a MOD title be "out of stock"?

#37 of 68 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,059 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 02 2011 - 02:47 PM

Got me.

I did send them an e-mail today.  We'll see what they say.

#38 of 68 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,059 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 03 2011 - 08:18 AM

And I got the identical "non-response" from Deep Discount:

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount!

We're sorry to inform you that the item is temporarily out of stock and
unavailable to ship. The item will ship as soon as it becomes available.
We apologize for the inconvenience and remind you that your credit card
will not be charged until your order has shipped.

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your
business.

Regards,

Sales Support "GD"
DeepDiscount

I guess we wait.

#39 of 68 Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,216 posts

Posted November 03 2011 - 11:28 AM

I gave up on DeeDee's. They're having their annual Holiday Sale (It started today), but the way the do things these days if I were to order something from them for a Christmas Presant the person I'd give the gift to had better be prepared to celebrate Xmas on M.L. King Day! :( So FUGGADABOUDIT!

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 36,333 :biggrin: ( 746 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,395   :B)   Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B)

#40 of 68 cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,724 posts

Posted November 04 2011 - 05:04 AM

I will wait for a few weeks then I will cancel the order.