Main use will be TV, DVD, perhaps hooked up to the computer for video. NO gaming. About 50" display with abudget around $1500 (very flexible for the right display). Our room is not optimal for lighting so with our RPTV we often have to close the curtains. So a good non-glare screen would be a requirement (our RPTV claims to have had the best on the market...it was terrible!)
So here are my q's:
- LCD vs LED vs Plasma...we will be looking for about 50" screen.
- Are there any brands deemed more reliable than others? BJs and Walmart etc all have brands I have never heard of, but they are cheaper. I don't believe in throw away tech, but I would rather buy 3 displays over 10 years than a singe one lasting for 10 years for the same price...technology advances!
- Any suggestions on TV's to look at? In the store they all of course have their brightness etc., way up and often in darker areas...this is where suggestions come into play!
- Finally, are there any out there now which can hook up to a home network and play stuff from a networked PC?
- Is 3D worth considering at this time? We got suckered into buying an HD OTA tuner when we bought last time, only to end up with every cable provider offering HD.