What's new

connecting PC to samsung home theater HT-DS610 (1 Viewer)

TIMTOM447

Auditioning
Real Name
Timothy robinson
Hi, i purchased a Samsung home theater HT-DS610 from a friend of mine and have been playing with it and a new projector. I have gotten my lap top connected to the projector fine but the audio only plays out of my laptop and is not very exciting. Is there any way i can get my lap top to play out of my surround sound? My laptop only has a head phone jack and i tried connecting an double male AUX wire from my lap top to the "phones" jack on my surround sound but i am actually assuming that is output. is there anyway that i can do this? Thanks

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
You could get a cheap external sound card and hook it to your optical input on your receiver. http://www.amazon.com/External-Stereo-Surround-optical-digital/dp/B003VWII3A/ref=sr_1_20?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1298682458&sr=1-20

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
If your laptop doesn't have a line out (most do - and you could just run it to an unused line in on your receiver .. CD maybe?) you could try running your headphone out from your laptop to an AUX line input on your surround sound receiver - use a mini-phono to RCA Y adapter - and experiment with the speaker level on your laptop so you don't overdrive the input on your receiver (it's looking for line level rather than speaker level).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks