-

Photo
- - - - -

Image Press Release: The Twilight Zone Season 4 (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,587 posts

Posted February 25 2011 - 05:46 AM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

It’s time to enter the fifth dimension once again with The Twilight Zone: Season 4 on Blu-ray™ May 17th, 2011. All 18 episodes from the influential sci-fi/fantasy series’ fourth season are here, remastered and presented in pristine 1080p high-definition and uncompressed PCM audio. In addition, the 5-disc set includes hours of amazing bonus features, specially created for this Blu-ray™ release, as well as bonus features from the Definitive Collection DVD release. SRP is $99.98, and pre-book is April 19th.

This season of Rod Serling’s classic series was lengthened to an hour and contains many favorite episodes with great guest stars including Dennis Hopper, Robert Duvall, Burgess Meredith, Anne Francis, James Whitmore, Burt Reynolds, Bill Bixby and Julie Newmar.

Season Four Episodes

In His Image, The Thirty-Fathom Grave, Valley of the Shadow, He's Alive, Mute, Death Ship, Jess-Belle, Miniature, Printer's Devil, No Time Like the Past, The Parallel, I Dream of Genie, The New Exhibit, Of Late I Think of Cliffordville, The Incredible World of Horace Ford, On Thursday We Leave for Home, Passage on the Lady Anne, The Bard.

EXCLUSIVE BLU-RAY FEATURES

• 13 New Audio Commentaries, featuring The Twilight Zone Companion author Marc Scott Zicree, author/film historian Gary Gerani (Fantastic Television), Twilight Zone writer Earl Hamner, writer William F. Nolan (Logan’s Run), author Bill Warren (Keep Watching the Skies! American Science Fiction Movies of the Fifties), writer/producer Jeff Vlaming (NCIS, Fringe, Battlestar Galactica),writer/producer Joseph Dougherty (thirtysomething, Judging Amy, Saving Grace), authors/historians Scott Skelton and Jim Benson (Night Gallery: An After Hours Tour), and writer/producer Jaime Paglia (Eureka).
  • Vintage Audio Interview with director of photography George T. Clemens
ALSO INCLUDES

• Audio Commentaries by Marc Scott Zicree for Death Ship and William Windom for Miniature
  • Vintage Audio Recollections with Herbert Hirschman, Ross Martin, Burgess Meredith, Pat Hingle, Earl Hamner, Buzz Kulik and Anne Francis Video Interviews with Morgan Brittany, Anne Francis, Paul Comi and John Furia, Jr.7 Radio Dramas featuring Blair Underwood, Jason Alexander, Lou Diamond Phillips, H. M. Wynant, Mike Starr, Barry Bostwick and John Ratzenberger
  • Isolated Scores for all 18 episodes featuring Fred Steiner, Van Cleave, Rene Garriguenc and others
  • Rod Serling Promos for “Next Week’s” Show
  • Rod Serling Blooper from He’s Alive
  • Saturday Night Live Clip
  • The Famous Writers School Promo with Rod Serling
  • Genesee Beer Spot
  • Twilight Zone Season 4 Billboards 
The Twilight Zone Season 4 Blu-ray

Genre:              Sci-Fi. Television, 60s

Rating:              Not Rated

Languages:       English 

Format:            Black and white full-frame (1:33.1)

Audio:              PCM Mono

Subtitles:           English

Year:                1963

SRP:                $99.98

Street Date:      May 17, 2011

Pre-Book:        April 19, 2011

Length:             935 minutes

UPC:                014381642551

Cat#:                ID6425CUBD

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 15 Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,686 posts

Posted February 25 2011 - 01:39 PM

Hate the purple cover.  I realize they already used up the main colors with the first three seasons (blue, red, green), but why not yellow, or maybe orange?

Otherwise.... I'll be getting it, of course.  Posted Image

#3 of 15 dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,863 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted February 26 2011 - 11:34 PM

Funny that you mentioned the purple cover, taking a look at the shelves, I was trying to see if there was a commonality to the color coding. Closest one that this is coming to at the moment is the Three Stooges, but there the first two releases are inversed in color.  Already have this on pre-order with the exception of the glitches from the first season, this has been one of the best classic TV series packages period.

So not to bring up another forum, but I was looking around on blu ray .com and it seems that TZ is finally getting released in UK, and it seems that it will pretty much mirror the US releases, right down to the special features. But here is the part that has me hyped. They already have announced the release date of season 5 for the UK, September 19,    

Also mentioned was the Blu Boxed set and a DVD only release of the 80’s series, hopefully this means that before season 4 is on the street that we should be getting an announcement for season 5 as well. And I wish that something could be done for the 80’s series, honestly it was a solid effort. 

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#4 of 15 Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Screenwriter

• 1,270 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted February 27 2011 - 06:16 AM

September for the final Season 5? Which means we'll probably have the Complete set on Blu-ray by next Christmas shopping season. I can hold out for that package.

#5 of 15 dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,863 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted February 27 2011 - 10:20 AM

no they were sayoing that a Blu  box set would be out by Halloween this year in UK, so think we will here something soon about the final releases from Image/CBS

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#6 of 15 Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,686 posts

Posted February 27 2011 - 11:05 AM

We'll never see the 80's Twilight Zone on blu-ray.  The show was edited/finished on video, and it frankly looks pretty lousy on DVD.  It certainly wouldn't look any better on blu-ray.  It's too bad, as there were several really great episodes, but that's reality.  Star Trek: The Next Generation has a similar problem, but there's LOTS of money to be made with Star Trek, so it's possible that the entire 7 seasons will be redone from scratch with new HD opticals and effects.  I honestly don't see anybody ponying up the cash to similarly update the 80's TZ.

The 2002 UPN Twilight Zone, meanwhile, was shot in HD, so a blu-ray release would be easy.  However, that incarnation was utterly terrible, so I can't imagine anybody would want it.

#7 of 15 Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,686 posts

Posted February 27 2011 - 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Hollywoodaholic 

September for the final Season 5? Which means we'll probably have the Complete set on Blu-ray by next Christmas shopping season. I can hold out for that package.

Season 4 is coming in May, so season 5 should come out in July or August here in the US.

I admire your restraint, Wayne.  I, meanwhile, have been getting each season on release date, and I've been enjoying the hell out of them.  I might even buy them again in a complete-series package.  That's how awesome they are.  Irrational?  Yes.  I'm a Twilight Zone whore.  Posted Image

Now if Sony would only bring out The Outer Limits on blu-ray....

#8 of 15 Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Screenwriter

• 1,270 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted February 28 2011 - 01:38 AM

I love me some TZ, too, Craig. Rod Serling is the reason I became a writer. But I just recently went through much of the definitive set with my son (14), so holding out for the complete set on blu is not such a big stretch. Plus, the definitive was anamorphic, which was enjoyable (my set just stretched the sides a bit). The blu has the correct aspect ratio but the bars on the side, which will be fine for my next viewing, but the kid liked it without.

Craig, there's a bunch of us blu-waiting Outer Limit freaks hanging on on the website below re-reviewing each episode. Unfortunately, we're already well into the Stefano/Hall-less second season. But this show could really benefit from a cleaned up PQ.

http://wearecontroll...n.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by Craig Beam 

Season 4 is coming in May, so season 5 should come out in July or August here in the US.

I admire your restraint, Wayne.  I, meanwhile, have been getting each season on release date, and I've been enjoying the hell out of them.  I might even buy them again in a complete-series package.  That's how awesome they are.  Irrational?  Yes.  I'm a Twilight Zone whore.  Posted Image

Now if Sony would only bring out The Outer Limits on blu-ray....

#9 of 15 Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,686 posts

Posted February 28 2011 - 02:02 AM

Yeah, I've been following the OL blog.  Love it!

#10 of 15 Brian W.

Brian W.

Screenwriter

• 1,958 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted March 01 2011 - 09:15 AM

I like the purple cover, actually.  It has a very dusky, twilight feel.  I like it a lot.

#11 of 15 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,219 posts

Posted May 04 2011 - 08:46 AM

This is coming out in a little over a week and a half.

I'm looking forward to seeing an HTF review. Though not my favorite season, I'll be a chump and get right away! My Costco didn't seem to carry the earlier seasons.

#12 of 15 dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,863 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted May 04 2011 - 10:11 AM

TOL would be MGM/FOX and yes they need to step up and do it corectly

and Universal could look at two anthology series hard Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Night Stalker , night stalker is only the one season so that is the easy one,

Playing at the Drive In

#13 of 15 DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,957 posts

Posted May 04 2011 - 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by dana martin 

TOL would be MGM/FOX and yes they need to step up and do it corectly

and Universal could look at two anthology series hard Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Night Stalker , night stalker is only the one season so that is the easy one,

and they are releasing the ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR episodes overseas!

#14 of 15 montrealfilmguy

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor

• 541 posts

Posted May 09 2011 - 06:05 PM

as a general rule,i don't like to use hyperboles,except here.

Greatest series ever in the history of tv.Bar none.

Grew up with it,and am now writing a Twilight zone-type series entitled Cooper's tales.

44 episodes so far.

Hell,i might buy a Predicta just for watching those.

http://www.predicta.com/index.shtml

start drooling.

#15 of 15 Timothy E

Timothy E

Supporting Actor

• 859 posts

Posted May 14 2011 - 10:25 AM

The official HTF Blu-ray review has been posted:  http://www.hometheat...n-4-blu-ray-set