-

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Gettysburg Director's Cut and Gods and Generals Extended Director's Cut (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 of 27 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,901 posts

Posted February 24 2011 - 12:04 PM

WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT GROUP AND THE JOURNEY THROUGH HALLOWED GROUND

PARTNERSHIP TO COMMEMORATE 150TH ANNIVERSARY OF

THE AMERICAN CIVIL WAR

WBHEG SALUTES SESQUICENTENNIAL WITH MAY 24 BLU-RAY™ DEBUTS OF GETTYSBURG DIRECTOR’S CUTGODS AND GENERALS

EXTENDED DIRECTOR’S CUT & JULY 5 LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION

COMMEMORATIONS BEGIN JULY 21 IN MANASSAS, VIRGINIA INCLUDING THEATRICAL PREMIERE OF NEW GODS AND GENERALS 
AND SPECTACULAR REENACTMENTS OF WAR’S FIRST MAJOR BATTLE

10,000 Reenactors, Plus Dignitaries, Celebrities and some 30,000 Visitors Expected

Burbank, Calif., February 24, 2011 – This year, 2011, marks the 150th anniversary of the start of The American Civil War, one of the most defining events in our nation’s history. The First Battle of Manassas, or Bull Run, was fought on July 21, 1861 and is considered the first major battle of a war which would last until April 9, 1865.

Beginning July 21, four days of special events hosted by a variety of Journey Through Hallowed Ground National Heritage Area partners, will mark the War’s start and bring into the national spotlight a four-year commemoration that will also denote the largest emancipation of slaves in history. The weekend is expected to draw dignitaries, celebrities, historians and an estimated 30,000 spectators.

The new venture between Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and The Journey Through Hallowed Ground Partnership will help people across the globe share in our national heritage and encourage them to experience it for themselves.

Ceremonies begin Thursday morning on the 21st at the Manassas National Battlefield Park with introductions by elected officials and others (to be announced). The day will also include living history demonstrations, a 3-D photo exhibit, Civil War 150th Anniversary HistoryMobile, official battlefield tours, and the 100th Anniversary of the National Jubilee of Peace at the Old Manassas Courthouse in Historic Manassas and much more.

On Friday July 22, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group (WBHEG) and the Journey Through Hallowed Ground Partnership will host the theatrical premiere of WBHEG’s new version of Ronald F. Maxwell’s definitive epic Civil War film, Gods and Generals Extended Director’s Cut at the 1170-seat Hylton Center for the Performing Arts in Manassas. Maxwell (Gettysburg, Little Darlings, The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgiawill introduce the film that includes an hour of new footage as well as video segments on the importance of embracing the Journey Through Hallowed Ground National Heritage Area and sharing it with future generations. He will also lead a panel discussion with the film’s stars (to be announced) and the film's historical advisers. For information on attending, visitwww.HallowedGround.org. (Date and location of, and talent attending theatrical premiere subject to change, please visit website for updated information.)

Gods and Generals Extended Director’s Cut will debut for home viewing on Blu-ray May 24, along with the Blu-ray debut of Maxwell’s earlier film, Gettysburg Director’s Cut.  Each film will be packaged in 2-disc, 48-page Blu-ray Book versions that will contain photographs, bios, timeline, production notes, maps, and more.

The newest cuts of the two epic films arrive together July 5 in a double-wide, must-own numbered Limited Collector’s Edition, beautifully gift-boxed with extensive new and notable extras and memorabilia, to be announced. Included is a special 32-page excerpt from TIME’s forthcoming book, TIME The Civil War: An Illustrated History.  TIME’s upcoming publication is a large format hardcover book showcasing more than 200 images, artifacts and illustrations from the period, including many rarely seen photographs.  The book touches on the major battles, generals and campaigns of the war, ranging widely across all fronts, and providing a powerful overview of the war. For more information, visit www.civilwarmovies150.com

Gods and Generals is also available On Demand from cable and satellite providers and for digital download from online retailers including iTunes™, VUDU and Amazon Instant Video.

On July 23 and 24, an estimated 10,000 Civil War reenactors from around the country will stage two days of reenactments at Pageland Farm in Prince William County, Va. Hosts will be Prince William County, Virginia and the Prince William/Manassas Convention and Visitors Bureau. For more information and a complete listing of other events, visit: www.manassasbullrun.com.

“The American Civil War remains one of the most tragic yet one of the most defining events in the history of the United States, and this 150th anniversary is a bittersweet reminder of the fallen and the struggle for freedom,” said Jeff Baker, Warner Home Video’s Executive Vice President and General Manager, Theatrical Catalog. “We think the new Blu-ray assets we’ve created will serve to educate and enlighten audiences as well as entertain them. Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group is proud and honored to be working with The Journey Through Hallowed Ground Partnership and to be a part of this historical time.”

“We often take for granted just what it took to bring to fruition the ideals of our founding fathers,” said Cate Magennis Wyatt, The Journey Through Hallowed Ground Partnership Founder and President. “The Sesquicentennial commemorations remind us of the generations of men and women -- both well-known and less-known -- who placed life and livelihood on the line to create these United States. It is a great honor to commemorate these Americans, Black and White, rich and poor, all of whom remind us that we, too, can make a difference.”

“I made Gettysburg and Gods and Generals because I love our American history,” noted director Maxwell. “I’m passionate about our shared stories because I know that storytelling is intrinsic to the human condition and these people, places and events grabbed me viscerally. Since making these movies, I’ve become involved with a group that cares as passionately as I do, the Journey Through Hallowed Ground Partnership. Visiting this treasured region, walking on its battlefields; exploring its historic downtowns; experiencing vibrant farms and vineyards created to sustain our forefathers’ agrarian landscape -- that is an exciting personal way to begin to understand our collective national heritage and to make it real.”

More than 620,000 Americans died in the conflict, far more than in any other war this nation has faced. The Sesquicentennial Commemoration will provide an opportunity to study all sides of the story: Union, Confederate and African-American; battlefront and home front; enslaved as well as freed.

The Journey Through Hallowed Ground National Heritage Area contains more history than any other region in the nation. Home to the country’s largest collection of Civil War sites, this National Heritage Area also includes: nine Presidential homes, 13 National Park units, hundreds of African American and Native American heritage sites, 30 Historic Main Street communities, 49 National Heritage districts, sites from the Revolutionary War, French-Indian War, War of 1812 as well as National and World Heritage sites and over 10,000 sites on the National Register of Historic Places.

THE JOURNEY THROUGH HALLOWED GROUND PARTNERSHIP ADDITIONAL EVENTS & INFORMATION

Vodcasts

Mini-movies or Vodcasts created by some 400 sixth-grade students from Stonewall Middle School in Manassas, participating in the The Journey Through Hallowed Ground Partnership’s award-winning, service-learning program called Of the Student, By the Student, For the Student™ will be available for viewing.

These Vodcasts, which were created from start to finish by the middle schoolers, offer a new perspective on the Civil War Battles at Manassas and life in 19th century America. The students chose their storylines as well as wrote their scripts, and served as editors, actors, photographers, choreographers, set designers, videographers and set and costume creators.

The Vodcasts offer history through the lenses of these 11- and 12-year olds, providing their depiction of:

• Life as a soldier
  • Technology of the 1860s, including weaponry, transportation and communication
  • The African-American perspective -- both free and enslaved
  • Life on the home front, in particular the experience of girls and women
  • The role of immigrants in the war
  • 19th century medicine
  • Stonewall Jackson as a husband, father and son
This service-learning project is supported by the National Endowment for Humanities, Virginia Department of Education in partnership with Learn and Serve America, Richard S. Reynolds Foundation, Manassas National Battlefield Park, Prince William County Board of Supervisors, Prince William County Schools and the Prince Williams/Manassas Convention and Visitors Bureau.

The Vodcasts will be unveiled on May 24th in Manassas and available for viewing at www.HallowedGround.org

For information about the Journey Through Hallowed Ground National Heritage Area, Sesquicentennial events, hotels, tickets, visit:  

www.HallowedGround.org;

www.Facebook.com/VisitTheJourneywww.manassasbullrun.com;

www.visitpwc.com/reenactmentwww.visitmanassas.org.

MORE ABOUT WHV’S BLU-RAYS

As noted, each of WHV’s companion Civil War epic films -- Gods and Generals Extended Director’s Cut and Gettysburg Director’s Cutwill be released May 24 from Warner Home Video in 2-disc, 48-page Blu-ray Book versions packaged with photographs, bios, timeline, production notes, maps, and more. They arrive in a double-wide gift box as a Limited Collector’s Edition on July 5 ($84.99 SRP Blu-ray/ $69.92 SRP DVD).

Gods and Generals Extended Director’s Cut is director Ron Maxwell’s newly re-edited 4-hour- 40-minute version, with one hour of new footage added, including amplified scenes and new subplot, never-before-seen footage and new bonus features.

Reedited from beginning to end with expanded scenes and an added subplot, this all-new 2-Disc Extended Director’s Cut -- a prequel to Maxwell’s companion film, Gettysburg -- restores his original vision of the fierce allegiances and combat during the early American Civil War. From Jeffrey M. Shaara’s best seller, this commemorative release adds the story of actor and future Presidential assassin John Wilkes Booth, newly integrated throughout the narrative. Also, the Battle of Antietam is now included, along with the fateful clashes at Manassas, Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville, plus camp life scenes. Oscar winners Robert Duvall (Tender Mercies) and Mira Sorvino (Mighty Aphrodite) star along with Jeff Daniels (Good Night and Good Luck), Stephen Lang (Avatarand Bruce Boxleitner (TRON:Legacy) in this magnificent film .

Special Features* and Details:

• Commentary with Ron Maxwell, Keith Gibson and Professor James Robertson
  • Extended Cut Commentary with Maxwell, Gibson and Robertson (NEW)
  • Introduction by Ted Turner and Ron Maxwell (NEW)
  • Gods & Generals: Journey to the Past
  • The Life of Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson
  • The Authenticities of the Film
  • Cross the Green Mountain - Music Video by Bob Dylan
  • Ron Maxwell’s Invitation to Take the Journey Through Hallowed Ground (NEW)
  • Run Time: 280 minutes
  • Rated: PG-13
  • Price: $34.99 SRP

Gettysburg: Directors Cut is Maxwell’s acclaimed film about the legendary 3-day battle and will be available for the first time on Blu-ray, featuring 17 minutes of compelling additional footage. Filmed at actual battle locations and full of authentic details, this rousing and soulful movie plunges the viewer into the bloodiest battle fought on American soil. History comes alive with intense and spirited battles and the dilemmas, motivations and fears of the leaders. Tom Berenger (Inception), Jeff Daniels, Martin Sheen (TV’s “West Wing”) and Stephen Lang star in this gripping film based on Michael Shaara’s Pulitzer-Prize-winning book, “The Killer Angels.”

Special Features* and details:

·   Commentary by Ronald F. Maxwell, Kees Van Oostrum, James M. McPherson, and Craig Symonds

·   The Making of Gettysburg, Narrated by Martin Sheen

·   The Battle of Gettysburg, Narrated by Leslie Nielson

·   On Location

·   Maps of the Battlefield

·   Ron Maxwell’s Invitation to Take the Journey Through Hallowed Ground (NEW)

·   Run Time: 271 minutes

·    Not Rated

·    Price: $34.99 SRP

*Special Features subject to change

About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group (WBHEG) brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment's home video, digital distribution, interactive entertainment, technical operations and anti-piracy businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. An industry leader since its inception, WBHEG oversees the global distribution of content through packaged goods (Blu-ray Disc and DVD) and digital media in the form of electronic sell-through and video-on-demand via cable, satellite, online and mobile channels, and is a significant developer and publisher for console and online video game titles worldwide. WBHEG distributes its product through third party retail partners and licensees, as well as directly to consumers through WBShop.com.

About Warner Home Video

Warner Home Video Blu-ray™ Discs offer resolution six times higher than standard definition DVDs, as well as extraordinarily vibrant contrast and color and beautifully crisp sound. The format also provides a higher level of interactivity, with instant access to extra features via a seamless menu bar where viewers can enjoy features without leaving or interrupting the film.

With operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, a division of the Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video's film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment.

About Journey Through Hallowed Ground Partnership

The Journey Through Hallowed Ground Partnership is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness of the unparalleled history within the swath of land from Monticello to Gettysburg and has successfully created the Journey Through Hallowed Ground National Heritage Area and has had the Old Carolina Road (Rt. 15/20/231) from Gettysburg, through Maryland, to Monticello designated a National Scenic Byway. For more information about their educational and heritage tourism programs, visit: www.HallowedGround.org

Academy Award(s)®, Oscar(s)® , Academy- Award-winning® and Oscar-winning® are the registered trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 27 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,901 posts

Posted February 24 2011 - 12:05 PM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 27 OFFLINE   AlexS2

AlexS2

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted February 25 2011 - 04:31 AM

An additional hour for G&G...?

Uhhhh...well, Ill take the plunge and try it anyways. Im curious to see how it was re-cut since the PR is saying it was re-edited from beginning to end.

Gettysburg is a guaranteed purchase obviously.

Should we be worried about the PQ? I know this is blu-ray, but these are tremendously long running times to be fit on one single disc...

#4 of 27 OFFLINE   GMpasqua

GMpasqua

Screenwriter

• 1,429 posts

Posted February 25 2011 - 04:57 AM

Why is almost everything being released on Blu-ray as some kind of Anniversary - this is becoming a joke.

I guess the next anniversary releases will be the movies of stars who will celebrate their 100th birthday (even though they are dead!)

next year ever Paramount release will claim "100th Anniversary of Paramount Edition"

#5 of 27 OFFLINE   Brianruns10

Brianruns10

Second Unit

• 276 posts

Posted February 25 2011 - 05:04 AM

I don't either.  I mean I'm not the average cinema goer, and perhaps my opinion isn't the best metric of the consumer masses, but I could give a damn whether it's the 50th, 100th, or 77th anniversary.  I just want to see titles I love released in a timely manner.  It pisses me off to think I'm going to have to wait until 2012 to see Lawrence of Arabia in Blu, if they keep up this goddamn pattern.  And if they do the same with Vertigo, we might not see that title until 2013.  Jesus Christ!

#6 of 27 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Screenwriter

• 1,290 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted February 25 2011 - 05:41 AM

I'm definitely picking this up, but I don't think an HD Blu-ray is going to help with those beards any.

#7 of 27 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,623 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted February 25 2011 - 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by GMpasqua 

Why is almost everything being released on Blu-ray as some kind of Anniversary - this is becoming a joke.

I guess the next anniversary releases will be the movies of stars who will celebrate their 100th birthday (even though they are dead!)

next year ever Paramount release will claim "100th Anniversary of Paramount Edition"

Hey, at least we're getting some of these titles because of this marketing strategy.  Not even Gettysburg had the DC on DVD and now we're getting it on Blu-ray disc.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#8 of 27 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,623 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted February 25 2011 - 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Brianruns10 

I don't either.  I mean I'm not the average cinema goer, and perhaps my opinion isn't the best metric of the consumer masses, but I could give a damn whether it's the 50th, 100th, or 77th anniversary.  I just want to see titles I love released in a timely manner.  It pisses me off to think I'm going to have to wait until 2012 to see Lawrence of Arabia in Blu, if they keep up this goddamn pattern.  And if they do the same with Vertigo, we might not see that title until 2013.  Jesus Christ!

So do I, but it is, what it is.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#9 of 27 OFFLINE   Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter

• 1,519 posts

Posted February 25 2011 - 09:30 AM

As usual, I do wish the theatrical cuts would be included as well, but these seem like nice packages. I imagine the Gettysburg director's cut is the same as what was released on laserdisc in the 90s (and I think it aired on TNT a few times).

I've actually never seen Gods and Generals all the way through, but I was working at a theater when it was first released. I remember the assembled print almost covered the entire platter. :)

"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle; it's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

#10 of 27 OFFLINE   Brianruns10

Brianruns10

Second Unit

• 276 posts

Posted February 25 2011 - 10:15 AM

Yeah, you wonder why they couldn't do something like seamless branching on the Bladerunner discs.

#11 of 27 OFFLINE   GMpasqua

GMpasqua

Screenwriter

• 1,429 posts

Posted February 26 2011 - 04:45 AM

But unless the studios can find ridiculous anniversary dates to exploit, films aren't released - If a film doesn't have an anniversary (at least WB goes back in history to find one - and it's stretch).

WB already missed the big 50th of "Ben Hur" - that was two years ago, so what are they waiting for now? Besides 500+ films will celebrate their 50th in the next 5 years, the "anniversary" thing is really not unique any more

Who want's to wait for a film to reach it's 25th anniversary which may not be until 2015 before it sees a blu-ray release

Besides the "anniversray" label quickly dates a blu-ray release (they only have 12 months or less to exploit then they have to change the cover)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford 

Hey, at least we're getting some of these titles because of this marketing strategy.  Not even Gettysburg had the DC on DVD and now we're getting it on Blu-ray disc.

Crawdaddy

#12 of 27 OFFLINE   Steelheart1948

Steelheart1948

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted March 01 2011 - 03:51 AM

There was supposed to be a third movie in the series called "Last Full Measure."  I've searched around but could never find it.  Did it ever get made?   If it did, does anyone know where I can purchase a copy of it?

#13 of 27 OFFLINE   Felipe Noronha

Felipe Noronha

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted March 01 2011 - 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by GMpasqua 

But unless the studios can find ridiculous anniversary dates to exploit, films aren't released - If a film doesn't have an anniversary (at least WB goes back in history to find one - and it's stretch).

WB already missed the big 50th of "Ben Hur" - that was two years ago, so what are they waiting for now? Besides 500+ films will celebrate their 50th in the next 5 years, the "anniversary" thing is really not unique any more

Who want's to wait for a film to reach it's 25th anniversary which may not be until 2015 before it sees a blu-ray release

Besides the "anniversray" label quickly dates a blu-ray release (they only have 12 months or less to exploit then they have to change the cover)

I think you're overeacting a little. We just got The color purple, 10 and pleasantville this year and it wasn't an anniversary edition. WB has already announced Papillon and The man who would be king and neither are anniversary editions. That being said, I just don't see your point.

#14 of 27 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted March 01 2011 - 02:41 PM

Best Buy exclusive: Free glue-on moustache. Supply limited.

Not really, but that's what should be.

"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#15 of 27 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted March 01 2011 - 02:42 PM

Target exclusive: Free glue-on beard.

Best Buy customers and Target customers convene in the north parking lot at dawn.

"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#16 of 27 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,507 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted March 01 2011 - 02:54 PM

Lord help us, they've tacked another hour onto a movie that was already 3 hours too long?

Originally Posted by Steelheart1948 

There was supposed to be a third movie in the series called "Last Full Measure."  I've searched around but could never find it.  Did it ever get made?   If it did, does anyone know where I can purchase a copy of it?

I don't think he ever got the financing for it.  My first thought on seeing this press release is that he's still trying to raise funds. :)

(Would YOU give money to the guy that inflicted Gods & Generals on the world?  Then again, Gettysburg was based on an incredible book, while G&G was based on what is by all accounts an inferior sequel written by the son of the original author, so I guess we can't put all the blame on Maxwell. . .)

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#17 of 27 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Lead Actor

• 9,890 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted March 02 2011 - 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman 

Lord help us, they've tacked another hour onto a movie that was already 3 hours too long?

I was thinking the same thing! I'm also probably going to buy it regardless, just out of curiosity.

#18 of 27 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Screenwriter

• 1,290 posts

Posted March 02 2011 - 05:29 AM

Hey, as a former Civil War freak, who played at Gettysburg as a kid, and took my own kid there when he was 10, too much is fine. Particularly if the extras include some updated docs about the battlefied, or even footage of some of the renactments. This year would be a great year to see them.

#19 of 27 OFFLINE   Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted March 02 2011 - 06:18 AM

I'm not sure I like this trend of releasing ONLY extended cuts in these premium packages. Sure, the books are nice, but it is the film itself that I'm interested in, and like Dances with Wolves, finding time to sit through these extended cuts is getting harder to do. Having the option to watch the original/theatrical cuts would be my preference in nearly all cases with Blade Runner being the prototype of what I would like in a release.

#20 of 27 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Screenwriter

• 1,290 posts

Posted March 02 2011 - 07:04 AM

That's why I bought the UK version BD of "Dances With Wolves." It was the 3-hr theatrical cut. You're right, there's a reason for theatrical cuts being the definitive version (the studio forces the filmmakers to USE some restraint, otherwise all releases would be 4-hr. director cuts). From my memory, Gettysburg was never a tightly cut theatrical picture - it was already a bit bloated - so I'm in this more for watching it in pieces and checking out the extras.

Originally Posted by Jeff Ulmer 

I'm not sure I like this trend of releasing ONLY extended cuts in these premium packages. Sure, the books are nice, but it is the film itself that I'm interested in, and like Dances with Wolves, finding time to sit through these extended cuts is getting harder to do. Having the option to watch the original/theatrical cuts would be my preference in nearly all cases with Blade Runner being the prototype of what I would like in a release.