Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Finally done with all my purchases hope its going to sound the way I want it to I will keep you all posted!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   tfryerje

tfryerje

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted February 21 2011 - 06:04 PM

So im done with the purchases I am pretty sure I am going to be pretty amazed with the sound going from box sets to larger individual peices so here is what I have feedback is always appreciated.

Pioneer sx-315 5.1 receiver (prob going to be replace shortly) 1000w

All Monoprice:

2-in wall 6.5 L R
2-in ceiling 6.5 surround (any info on best way to set up distance greatly appreciated)

1-5 1/4 center channel

1-10" in wall sub (passive) info if an amp on that 1000w receiver will be needed?

24awg CL2 HDMI cables

premium optical toslink cables

12 awg cl2 rated 2 conductor speaker wire

Ive got high hopes here let me know any tips on this.

Thanks again for those who replied and gave their advice I really appreciate it.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   CB750

CB750

Screenwriter

• 1,035 posts

Posted February 22 2011 - 08:43 AM

Lord Chesterfield wrote many  years ago.  "When you ask a man's opinion you are really asking for his approval".   I assume you have listened to all of the speakers and where so impressed with the way they sounded to your ears that you decided to buy them over all of those you listened to.

Good luck with your new system.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   winniw

winniw

Second Unit

• 287 posts

Posted February 23 2011 - 05:35 AM

Well, I sincerely hope it meets your expectations.  Let us know how it works out... I will be curious!

Nick

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   tfryerje

tfryerje

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted February 23 2011 - 02:45 PM

I am too now that I am faced with possibly not having the watts to push all these speakers plus trying to figure out how to mount them in wall instead of in ceiling. The construction portion easy the proper placement not so easy