What's new

Code Red DVD (distributor of cult, horror and obscure films) (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thought it would be a good idea to start a thread similar to the Scorpion Releasing and Shout! Factory film titles threads, where new film titles on DVD can be posted about in.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Not a bad idea, WaveCrest . . .

[COLOR= #743399]RETRO SLASHERS[/COLOR]: Due to overwhelming demand from horror fans, Code Red has acquired the 1981 Canadian slasher film Ghostkeeper.

A trio of friends on a snowmobile trip in the Canadian Rockies become lost after venturing up a trail during a bad snowstorm. They stumble upon a seemingly abandoned hotel lodge and decide to spend the night, unaware of the grave danger that they have put themselves in.

Internet columnist [COLOR= #743399]Amanda By Night says[/COLOR], “this Canadian horror film is slasher and monster lite, but has oodles of snow and deep synthesizer sounds to keep you going. Like ‘Madman’, or more appropriately, ‘The Prey’.”

Director Jim Makichuk is on hand to create extras for this lost slasher.

Street date TBA.

[COLOR= #743399]Interview With Director, Jim Makichuk[/COLOR]

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thought it would save starting multiple threads for DVDs being released by the same DVD distributor...

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Two new titles are being released by Code Red on Tuesday (22nd February), How to Score with Girls (also called Cry Your Purple Heart Out) and White Rat. Below is the link to Code Red DVD's blog, with a blog article about these two new titles:

Code Red DVD blog

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Code Red have a new website up on the web. There are pages on there for already released, new titles, titles coming soon and out of print titles.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Might as well chime in that they have announced NIGHTMARE as a 2-disc release on July 26th, via Retroslashers.com. They've also got THE WITCHMAKER for July 5th via their disributor's site.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Do Code Red still have plans to release The Farmer (1977), as in a Code Red blog reply and on the IMDb board for the film, Scorpion Releasing are releasing it on DVD?

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
dvddrive-in.com has Witchmaker coming from Retromedia, not CR. A few people on avmaniacs seem to think The Farmer will never be released thru Scorpion because Sony may decide to do their own MOD release for that title.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
THE WITCHMAKER was originally announced as coming from Retromedia, that is true. But Bill from Code Red had already talked to LQ Jones about releasing it and had worked out some sort of deal, this was months before Retromedia announced theirs. My guess is that LQ and Code Red got their lawyers involved, perhaps, or is just calling Retromedia's bluff and moving forward with an official release. CR would have access to better materials, I'd hope. Retromedia's would likely be just another PD-level release. The info for CR's disc comes from their distributor's site, anyways.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Updating my previous post about Code Red's recent release of How to Score with Girls (also called Cry Your Purple Heart Out) and White Rat. There is a trailer for the former on the DVD.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Update on Rituals (1977) - it's available to buy on DeepDiscount and PlanetAxel (formerly AxelMusic), yet not Amazon.com.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
I've had it since Monday (even though it was sitting in my building manager's office the entire weekend leading up to Monday). Just cuz Amazon doesn't have it listed doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Amazon is not the be-all, end-all of internet shopping.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by bgart13
Just cuz Amazon doesn't have it listed doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Amazon is not the be-all, end-all of internet shopping.
Did I say Amazon was the be-all and end-all of internet shopping?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Is Changes (1969) stuck in DVD limbo? It's a film I've been interested in seeing. Just wondering if it's still a Scorpion Releasing title, or if it's now a Code Red title.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Originally Posted by WaveCrest
Is there any update on Ghostkeeper (DVD extras and release date)?
Frustratingly, no news on this or any of the stuff they announced earlier this year, like Mardi Gras Massacre and Haunted. I fear these titles have been back-burnered in favor of some schlocky 70's drive-in flicks nobody's heard of, which were just announced. They're always pulling stunts like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks