-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Remote control through walls??? Need help!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 taterchips

taterchips

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 16 2011 - 06:57 AM

Hi,

New to the forums and a bit of a HT noob, so please be nice Posted Image

I'm changing my home theater to clear some space and tidy the room.  I've built a media closet outside the room where I plan to relocate my hardware (receiver, TiVo, DVD player, media PC, etc).  All of my speaker connections terminate to this closet already, as well as all audio/video cabling.

I'm not using a universal remote at this time, although this is something I plan to look at.

I'm wondering what my best option is to be able to control my components in this remote location.  My hardware will be sitting about 20 feet away with one wall to go through in terms of getting a signal from a remote.  I understand there are units that will allow control of components with an existing remote, through walls, ceilings, etc, but have no idea where to even look.

I'm not looking to spend $$$$$, but am looking for an efficient, hassle-free way to accomplish this.  Thanks in advance for suggestions/help!

K