Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

worth anything?????

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   PAsda1ss

PAsda1ss

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 15 2011 - 06:33 AM

First post on this forum, hello all..   ive been into audio for a few years now. my current system is newer high end components, but i also have a few vintage recievers/amps and speakers.  Sad to say, most my vintage recievers/amps are NOT in working order  Amplifier- YAMAHA Proffesional series P-2200 Natural sound amp. Receiver-  Pioneer stereo receiver SX-727 Receiver- Sansui stereo receiver 9090DB This list is the units that DO NOT work.  About a year ago i took the Yamaha amp into a high end stereo shop.  The owner was very surprised to see someone bring this into his shop but, was unable to do anything to repair it.  I would like to know if there is sumthing i could do to repair these units, or if i would be better off selling them the way they are.  Cosmeticly speaking, they are PERFECT. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx 4 ur time!!

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   -450-

-450-

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted February 20 2011 - 05:34 PM

Do they turn on? Do you know how/when/why they broke?

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   PAsda1ss

PAsda1ss

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 22 2011 - 05:40 PM

the sansui does NOT turn on but, both the yamaha and the pioneer DO turn on.  about 2 yrs ago i had a cerwin vega stroker 12.4 wired to 8ohms, running off the yamaha.  I had the stroker in a ~2.8cu.ft slot ported box that i made.  It literaly pounded the **** out of the room.  I never drove the amp into clipping, always kept it clean, basically i took very good care of it. One day while watching a movie,  all of the sudden the amp stopped playing the movie and instantly began playing a 60hz-80hz tone at FULL volume.  It honestly scarred the living !*&! out of me.  So i quickly turned off the amp and unpluged it.  I checked the fusses and they were blown, so i replaced them, turned it on without the stroker hooked up, and the fusses did NOT blow.  So, i hooked the stroker back up to the amp and as soon as i turned on the amp it began screaming the same 60hz-80hz tone but did NOT blow the fusses.  the amp would have continued to play that tone if i had not shut it off.  so shortly after, i sold the stroker, and put the amp into retirement. The pioneer turns on but there is NO output.  I would really like to get the yamaha working properly again because i LOVE how it looks and how it worked.  I currently have a 15"lms5400 on a behringer 2500ep as my sub-bass driver, so its not really a big deal if i cant fix the yamaha. I would just like to know if there is sumthing I can do to repair the yamaha, and if i cant repair it how much would it be worth the way it is.                    thanks for the reply 450

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users