Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Criterion Press Release: The Great Dictator (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,338 posts

Posted February 14 2011 - 07:23 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted February 14 2011 - 07:30 AM

Mine on release date. Very cool indeed
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   SD_Brian

SD_Brian

Supporting Actor

• 589 posts

Posted February 14 2011 - 07:36 AM

Love the cover art!

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   James Luckard

James Luckard

Stunt Coordinator

• 210 posts

Posted February 14 2011 - 12:18 PM

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! One of my favorite films of all time, and it looks like they're reproducing all the bonus features of both the original Image DVD, and the dreadful later Warner one, sourced from a PAL master, with speed-up and image ghosting, which had that great documentary as its only redeeming feature. I was afraid they wouldn't get the doc and I'd be stuck having to keep the Warner set, but now I can unload it along with the Image! I shouldn't have doubted Criterion. Another job well done!!!!

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 2,194 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted February 14 2011 - 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by SD_Brian 

Love the cover art!

that would make a great poster

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,533 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted February 15 2011 - 12:52 AM

All I have to say is that this year's B&N Criterion sales are going to be Major Events for me.  No holds barred, man.  The plastic awaits.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,356 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted February 15 2011 - 04:00 AM

I just watched the Criterion of "Modern Times" and loved it. I look forward to upgrading this one too. I have the Warners set, and this was the one film I thought looked a bit crap, the rest I could live with.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   jdee28

jdee28

Screenwriter

• 1,013 posts

Posted February 16 2011 - 03:00 AM

It's nice to see Criterion continuing with the Chaplins. I just got Modern Times, and I agree the transfer is such an upgrade over the disgraceful Warner product. It's ironic; the studio most devoted to releasing classic US films on DVD and Blu-ray, Warner, with the rights to the films of one of the greatest filmmakers of all time, and those were the two sets we got, with those horrid PAL sped-up transfers that made me not even want to watch the films. Criterion is finally righting a wrong of 7-8 years ago when those Warner sets first came out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users