What's new

The Amazing Race season 18 - Unfinished Business (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Well, with the season less than a week away, and the cast list already put up, with only one of them actually getting to take care of unfinished business.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/

My disappointment, is not including any teams from the earlier seasons (TAR1-10), and BVM's reason for it, is just so lame. Sames goes for including so many from TAR14.

Currently going through the China Rush version, and hope to finish before start of this season.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Looking forward to this, already programmed in my DVR. This is about the only 'reality' show I enjoy any more.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Never watched this show.

...however I have been a fan of Survivor for the

past few years.

I have friends telling me that I *need* to watch

this show, so, I am going to do so starting today.

Hope to become a fan.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This season will feel different since it features the almost-stars of TAR (runner-ups and high-finishers), so most everyone will know everyone else's game.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Quote: Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein Never watched this show.

...however I have been a fan of Survivor for the

past few years.

I have friends telling me that I *need* to watch

this show, so, I am going to do so starting today.

Hope to become a fan.

I never did either, up until last October. Up until now never watched these type reality shows. Shows like Deadliest Catch and Whale Wars don't count. When I learned that the new season would be shown in HD I told a friend I'd dip my toe into the water. He said the SD picture quality was not terrible so I watched the remaining 8-9 episodes last Fall. I'm now hooked.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Typical globetrotters picking up where they left off, never do anything on their own, just copy and follow everyone else. Gawd they fuking bug me.

edit - The Cheerleaders still have that attitude, "Off my foot off my foot off my foot!" LOL.

The Goth ass slap was pretty funny too.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Initial impressions....

Very fast...very furious. When I saw Bruckheimer's name
on the end credits it all made sense.

Thought too much emphasis was put on the dangers of being

in a shark tank -- but really, would they have people diving in

there if there really was a danger? Something tells me the

show takes a lot of precautions in placing people in real danger.

Perhaps I am wrong about that.

So far, okay. My least favorite team is the Goth duo, so
naturally I am hoping they get disqualified first -- though it

seems the cowboys are still working on that flag clue.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
The sharks are probably some plankton eating species, did you see how many fish were in that tank, wouldn't the sharks just eat them up?

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
It can't be too dangerous, since they let the general public do it.

http://oceanworld.myfun.com.au/Shark-Dive-Xtreme/Information-and-Prices.htm

globiefan

Auditioning
Real Name
Stef
I don't watch this show but I've seen the Globetrotters and they are quite impressive. These guys are sweathearts and care for their fans! This is what makes me want to watch the show. So I don't understand why the Globetrotters annoy you. They are doing what everyone else did and that was get help from others. I'm rooting for them they probably have the most experience internationally and have the endurance mentally and physically to make it far this season.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Anything that deals with a mental challenge they always ask for the answer, they never do it on their own. I don't know if they have ever given someone an answer. That's what annoys me.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah. I was disappointed that several teams did not complete the nautical flag challenge but were given the answer by others. Unfortunately, the Cowboys (our household's favorite team!) did not get another team to help them with the information.

Re: the Globetrotters. Remembering the problems they had with the challenge that cost them to leave during their earlier season, I predicted to my wife that the nautical flag challenge would be quite difficult for either members of their team and could really set them back early on.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by globiefan

I don't watch this show but I've seen the Globetrotters and they are quite impressive. These guys are sweathearts and care for their fans! This is what makes me want to watch the show. So I don't understand why the Globetrotters annoy you. They are doing what everyone else did and that was get help from others. I'm rooting for them they probably have the most experience internationally and have the endurance mentally and physically to make it far this season.

While I don't personally have an issue with them (they are FAR from the worst team in the show's history, IMO), a lot of people took issue with what they did on their first appearance. It was a challenge involving going down the almost-straight-down waterslide at (I think it was) the Atlantis hotel. One of the teams had a member who was *very* afraid of heights, and the Globetrotters ragged on her for like 10 minutes about how high it was, and that she better not do it. The girl ultimately chickened out, and the team lost because of it. If I recall, there was a point where her teammate and boyfriend almost had her psyched up to go down the slide, and the globetrotters set her back.

Again, I didn't have a problem with it, since it's for a million dollars, but some did.

Regarding their mental endurance, they are one of the only teams in the show's history that gave up on a challenge (it wasn't even that hard), and took a 4 hour penalty. They are decently-strong in the physical categories, though not as strong as you would think.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
"We must not meander" Ron and Christina -- was so hoping they would be eliminated. Sorry to see Amanda and Chris were eliminated instead. ...anybody still watching this show? I'm the newbie here.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh sure, Ron. TAR is must-see TV for my wife and I.

Couldn't be happier that they finally made the move to HD. I think the views of Australia have been absolutely stunning.

We are big fans of the cowboys team in our house. Glad to see they overcame the flag/compass challenge to finish third. They are a team with which to be reckoned.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Watched it in the wee hours after the Oscars -- and this was much more entertaining.

Great clue with Hg and Bi. Too bad mobile internet made it too easy. Impressed with those that knew what the elements were.

Ironic that a U-Turn knocked off Amanda&Kris the last time they raced, and it happened again, this time because they blew the first QANTAS task. It didn't help that they did the dance wrong at first -- they lost a little time with that and seemed only a few minutes behind, if they could see the others getting the final clue.

Jet&Cord were way behind, but saved by the "bunching" (that's race lingo, Ron) of the charter flight. But at least they solved the puzzle on their own.

And yes, (the other) Ron really needs to put a sock in it. Don't mind Christina.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Bunching sure saved the Cowboys last night because they were so far behind it wasn't even funny. Perhaps there should be some sort of "sit" plenty once the flight arrives to reward teams that actually completed the tasks in a timely manner.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
There was a moment where I thought I really

shouldn't be wasting my time with this show.

It was the entire sequence with the participants

dancing around on the dirt. I was like, "this is too

silly."

But then, as the final leg of the first round kicked

in and the participants were racing to the Mill, I
found myself rooting for a loser. Unfortunately it

wasn't Ron and Cristina.

Yeah, the show is fun. Just could do without some

of the silly stuff they make these contestants do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks