Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

My new 3 Row 3D Theater Project

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   motorman45

motorman45

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted June 08 2012 - 10:39 AM

I think it looks like a great theater layout, the JVC i would think would be dim, have you thought of possibly doing a dual projector passive 3D system, you can still use one projector for good 2D by moving a filter out, but ive built dual systems that rock and buying shutter glasses for a lot of people is a cost factor as well as shutters are not as easy on the eyes as passive. i have used polarizers in the past but this system is far better i know dual projectors is not for averyone but it is the highest quality 3D by far.

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,918 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted June 08 2012 - 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by motorman45 

I think it looks like a great theater layout, the JVC i would think would be dim, have you thought of possibly doing a dual projector passive 3D system, you can still use one projector for good 2D by moving a filter out, but ive built dual systems that rock and buying shutter glasses for a lot of people is a cost factor as well as shutters are not as easy on the eyes as passive. i have used polarizers in the past but this system is far better

i know dual projectors is not for averyone but it is the highest quality 3D by far.

Motorman-

Welcome to HTF and thanks for sharing that video.  To keep things civil we require everyone to be able to be on a first name basis.  Can you please go to the My Profile tab at the top ot the screen, hit the Edit Community Details button and put your first name in the name field?

Thanks!

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   motorman45

motorman45

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted June 12 2012 - 01:40 AM

of course. im used to not putting in my name but I will. this is a pretty cool forum. :) Ben

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs

Supporting Actor

• 872 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted June 12 2012 - 04:07 AM

I say "NO WAY" to 3 rows of seats. Figure on 2 rows and use portable seating for extra people in the front. And the people you make sit in front should be your worst enemies. Because after the movie, they will be anyway.

+1 Cool rendering BTW!

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,918 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted June 12 2012 - 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by motorman45 

of course. im used to not putting in my name but I will. this is a pretty cool forum. Posted Image
Ben

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users