What's new

onkyo 508 with wharfedale crystal 30 series speakers (1 Viewer)

hemcrown

Auditioning
Real Name
hem
HI , I m beginner in this field. Herein UAE one shop offers Wharfedale Crystal 30.5 + CR 30.1 + CR30C + VR10 SUB + ONKYO TXSR508 receiver combination.

can you please give your review about combination of Onkyo 508 receiver and wharfedale speakers

Hem

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Both are decent products, but closer to entry level. So the answer really depends on your goals and the price they're being offered at.

hemcrown

Auditioning
Real Name
hem
thanks.Price is indeed a good. can you say something about wharfedale crystal 30 series speakers...is that good and combination with onkyo 508 is ok for me.. u r right as i am looking for some entry level music system as I am at nowise level in this

hemcrown

Auditioning
Real Name
hem
let me elaborate on offer

offer like this

wharfedale Crystal 30.5 + CR 30.1 + CR30C + VR10 SUB + ONKYO TXSR508 and

Jamo DMR45 + S404 DVD home theatre entertainment system in 650USD (2400dirhams)...

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I've never heard the Wharfdales; I only know them by reputation and spec (I looked over their site). Hopefully someone who owns them will chime in. But they are 6 Ohm speakers and will be fully compatible with the Onkyo. I don't know the market where you're at; but over here the 508 goes for around $250, and $400 for the 5.1 speaker set would be a good deal. (Again, it's entry level; but you'd be getting a real system, not something made to only look like a home theater.)

On the other hand, the Jamo is a stereo HTiB. I wouldn't consider that in the same league as the other option. Jamo makes okay speakers; I don't know anything about their other electronics. And this particular product in not equivalent to a real home theater. In the best light I'd see it as something for a small office or a dorm room. So while I personally like the former, I wouldn't even consider this one.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I still use two Wharfdales (for more than 20 years now) myself, in one of my rooms.

Not the Crystal 30's you mention. They used to make fine speakers, and were considered as one of the top of the classic HiFi brands in Europe. But I honestly don't know how good they are now.

I'm even not sure if it is still the same firm (I'm certainly not suggesting it is not, though).

They have served me well for a longer time. Clear, precise, very good, solid sound. I'm not using it in a home theater environment/setting, though.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks