Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
Blu-ray Reviews

HTF Blu-ray Review: CHAPLIN

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,531 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 19 2012 - 12:19 PM

I just took my first shot at this blu-ray.  I had never seen this film before...somehow.

As Michael noted in his review, this film is far from perfect...but Downey's performance was near-perfect. 

And what a cast! 

Another thing that impressed me was the attention to detail in terms of recreating the time period of Chaplin's great success.  The weirdness with the special features playing in the upper left-hand quarter of the screen sure is an oddity.

I'm glad I spent the time today and wish I had done it sooner. 

But, another one off my "to do" list!  Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#2 of 5 ONLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,292 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted June 19 2012 - 12:36 PM

Oh no.  I'd forgotten about that problem with the special features.  What is UP with that?  And did they by any chance offer replacement discs with it corrected?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users