Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Justified - Season 2

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 of 76 Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,469 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted April 21 2011 - 03:57 PM

Here we go.  The final episodes are gonna be KILLER.

#62 of 76 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted April 24 2011 - 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Quentin 

Here we go.  The final episodes are gonna be KILLER.

I think they've already been in that category the past few weeks. This show is just firing on all cylinders right now and I'm loving every minute of it.

"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#63 of 76 MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor

• 936 posts

Posted April 27 2011 - 07:11 AM

One of the best shows on TV for sure.My buddy couldn't get into it last season after the 1st few eps, and now he is hooked!

#64 of 76 Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,862 posts

Posted April 28 2011 - 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by MikeyWeitz 

One of the best shows on TV for sure.My buddy couldn't get into it last season after the 1st few eps, and now he is hooked!

That was me.  I almost bailed on the show after 4-5 episodes last season.  I ended up sticking with it and it got better, but even then I was still upset when I heard it got renewed over 'Terriers'.  But this season has been top notch.

#65 of 76 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,911 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted April 28 2011 - 05:42 AM

I'm almost putting money on Boyd getting killed next week. Almost, but not quite. Still, it'd serve him right for being such a fucking amateur, and getting Helen killed. Even that asshole Arlo figured out he got made.

Olyphant had some out-fucking-standing moments, and I don't think I've ever wanted to throttle an old man more than when Arlo was accusing Raylan of "not caring," and it all being "his" fault.

Here's hoping Raylan gets to shoot his dad again.

I got a feeling next week is going to be downright biblical. They've been building to something all season. My predictions:

• No Bennetts left standing. Mags may or may not be alive, but if so, she'll be going to jail.
  • No dead Crowders, no dead Givenses. But perhaps at least one dead U.S. Marshal, one not named "Art."
  • Raylan will be breaking his moral code in a pretty substantial way, probably in the last 30 seconds. But it will be sweet.

Great episode. The back-and-forth between the characters was exceptionally well-written, and the events that took place seem to set up a pretty big avalanche of shit.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#66 of 76 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,911 posts

Posted April 28 2011 - 05:47 AM

Also, a hat-tip to Adam Arkin for directing the fuck out of that episode. The slo-mo opening, the Arlo-in-jail scene, the woods...I mean, damn.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#67 of 76 Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,469 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted April 29 2011 - 08:33 AM

Art: "You just go on and do what you do, and I'll just cleaning up after ya, and sooner or later this problem's gonna solve itself."

I didn't realize it when he said it, but that is pretty much the theme of this season.  And, this amazing episode revealed just how each of the major characters just goes on doing what they do despite efforts to change.  Boyd is back to his criminal ways and careless oversights.  Raylan is who he is...and that's going to come out next episode in a big way.  Mags may have thought she could leave, but she is who she is.

And, next week it's gonna solve itself.  And, I'm afraid it will be ugly.

#68 of 76 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,911 posts

Posted May 05 2011 - 02:57 AM

Very good episode. Hesitant to call it great, maybe. Seemed like Raylan was much too passive in it. (I think he needed some kind of hero-moment that he never really got.) And Mags sure was quick to give up on things (including her own life), when, last week, it looked like she was ready to take on all comers.

Still, Art riding in to save the day was pretty sweet. It was cool to see Doyle get Bin Laden-ed.

I hope Dickie is back for next year, at least in a recurring capacity. Glad to see that, of all the Bennetts, he survived. Mags was a great character, and Martindale gave a monster of a performance, but I think her story wrapped up properly (if not perfectly) here.

James LeGros showing up as Wade Meeker was excellent, a nice overlapping set of buildups. I wish the episode had maybe an extra scene to set up Ma Bennett's decisions in her conversations with Loretta and Raylan. I also thought Art was going to tell Raylan he was there to arrest him, and I feel like Ava as a cliffhanger-patient is probably more arbitrary than exciting.

Let's call it a "B+" finale, for a season that was an overall "A."

(Does anyone else think Winter's Bone is a great little companion piece to this show? I watched it a few weeks back on Netflix and loved it, but it really made me want to watch more Justified. In my head, the two exist in the same universe.)

#69 of 76 Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,469 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted May 05 2011 - 11:30 AM

Hmmmm...it really felt like they needed 90 minutes or 2 hours to wrap this up.  It really felt like it had to sprint to Mags final decision.  I buy it, because Martindale sells it so well.  I mean, she just confessed to murder, had her heart broken to see what her actions had done to a girl she really didn't want to hurt, and lost her son.

But, like Josh says...Raylan needed a bit more to do and there just wasn't time.

Still...great stuff.  I guess we find out next year what happens to Ava and Boyd and Arlo and Winona.

#70 of 76 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,273 posts

Posted May 06 2011 - 06:33 AM

Yeah I thought it wrapped up a little too neatly, plus I was a tad dissapointed Raylan never had any gunplay in the show, still a great season.

My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#71 of 76 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted May 08 2011 - 06:25 PM

I would've liked to see the episode go longer too. There was so much to do in this finale and 1 hour simply wasn't enough to pack it all in. I thought the episode was very good, but I think it could've been great if they had gone 90 min. Oh well, fantastic season of TV and it's going to be a looooong wait for season 3.

"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#72 of 76 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,129 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 22 2011 - 09:49 AM

I bought the Season One Blu-ray on a lark because it was priced reasonably at 19.99

It took me less than two days to watch all of the episodes and now I'm hooked.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#73 of 76 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,601 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted October 23 2011 - 03:00 PM

Neil recently interviewed Neal McDonough about his role in Captain American and he also talked about about a role he will have in Season 3 of Justified: http://www.hometheat...captain-america

#74 of 76 Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,862 posts

Posted October 24 2011 - 01:39 AM

WARNING!!!!  Don't read the above interview if you don't want to be majorly spoiled about the first episode of season 3.

#75 of 76 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,911 posts

Posted October 27 2011 - 10:05 AM

McDonough should play his character from Walking Tall. (Also, McDonough is supposedly a devout Christian who who won't film sex scenes, but his is not the bare ass we want to see anyways.) Any chance Gugino plays Karen Sisco this season? 'Cause that would be cool. Now I'll be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

#76 of 76 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,041 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted May 30 2012 - 05:24 PM

I bought the Season One Blu-ray on a lark because it was priced reasonably at 19.99 It took me less than two days to watch all of the episodes and now I'm hooked.

I received the first season on Blu-Ray as a birthday present, within three episodes I ordered the second season on Amazon so I'd have it by the time I finished the first. Just a delight, with dialog that is absolutely to die for. Damn near every line is poetry. I've got a backlog of season 3 episodes on the DVR to dive into tomorrow. Margo Martindale very much deserved her Emmy, and there's an argument to be made that Kaitlyn Dever should have been nominated alongside her. This show does women really, really well. They're never mere extensions of their men; they're always coming from their own unique point of view, whether they're a middle-aged matriarch, a divorcee in crisis, a murderous widow, or a heartbroken 14-year-old little girl. The Season 2 Blu-Ray has a wonderful roundtable discussion with Elmore Leonard, Graham Yost, another of the writers and the main series director. Lots of interesting questions from Leonard about the TV writing process, and very revealing how much of season two originated in a draft the writers had of his new book "Raylan". Mags is the show's creation, about Loretta and Dickey and Coover were Leonard inventions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users