Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Justified - Season 2

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 of 76 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,910 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted February 09 2011 - 02:57 AM

Starts tonight. I'm looking forward to this evening like I would a major-picture release.

Here's the "Han Shot First" promo, for anyone who hasn't seen it. So awesome.

And here's one that's a take on Dirty Harry.

Damn, if only Terriers had had this kinda publicity...

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#2 of 76 MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,497 posts

Posted February 09 2011 - 03:58 AM

Ah thanks for the reminder, I would've missed it.

Agree about terriers too.

"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT

#3 of 76 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,910 posts

Posted February 09 2011 - 05:37 AM

Tonight's gonna feel like Christmas. A violent, Kentucky Christmas.

Just re-watched the final S1 episode last night in preparation -- simply an amazing series (and it's always nice to have something that my wife enjoys as much as I do) .

Honestly, who'd have imagined that either Olyphant or Goggins would so quickly find roles as memorable as on their previous series? Most actors are lucky to get a role like Seth Bullock or Shane Vendrell once in a career, much less follow those up immediately with characters every bit as iconic and unforgettable.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#4 of 76 Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco

Screenwriter

• 2,462 posts

Posted February 09 2011 - 02:33 PM

You've sold me. I'm adding S2 to my recording schedule and catching up on S1 via DVD.

Studios, caption your internet streams.

#5 of 76 Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,469 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted February 09 2011 - 03:35 PM

This was my favorite new show of last year.  I'm actually sitting at the PC waiting for my wife to give me the green light.  It's already on the DVR for cryin' out loud!  I want to watch!!

The reason Terriers (my favorite show of this year) didn't get this kind of pub is because they weren't able to focus on a hook as easy as the coolness of Raylan.

#6 of 76 Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

• 931 posts

Posted February 10 2011 - 12:09 PM

Looks like it will be a fun ride this season. Mags Bennett is such a lovely good natured person.

#7 of 76 Walter C

Walter C

Screenwriter

• 2,142 posts

Posted February 10 2011 - 12:31 PM

Yeah, that Bennett family is really scary, especially Mama Bennett. And it took me a while to figure out one of the guys was Daniel Faraday.

Liked that scene with Raylon spraying gasoline, then telling that bad guy that firing a shot would cause him to go up in flames. A little science lesson. Posted Image

TV Episodes Watched - 2009 (1419 ep) / 2010 (1367 ep) / 2011 (1509 ep) / 2012 (1440 ep) / 2013 (1191 ep) / 2014 - July

Feature Films Watched - 2012 (97 seen) / 2013 (100 seen)
Shorts Watched - 2012 (222 seen) / 2013 (87 seen)

Books Read - 2013 (12 read)

#8 of 76 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted February 10 2011 - 12:48 PM

Excellent start for S2, the Bennett family is scary and making someone put their foot into a bear trap was nuts.  I really like Jeremy Davies character, whoever wanted him to walk with a limp really was a great idea.

So what is up with Goggins character?  Is he back in the mines or his he getting in trouble again?

I have seen Larry David in action, and that man is an animal, and he has to be stopped.

#9 of 76 Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,469 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted February 11 2011 - 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jeremiah 

Excellent start for S2, the Bennett family is scary and making someone put their foot into a bear trap was nuts.  I really like Jeremy Davies character, whoever wanted him to walk with a limp really was a great idea.

So what is up with Goggins character?  Is he back in the mines or his he getting in trouble again?

You think Momma put his foot in a trap at some point?  I wouldn't put it past her...  That is a DAMN scary family.

#10 of 76 Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted February 11 2011 - 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Walter C 

... it took me a while to figure out one of the guys was Daniel Faraday.

Thanks, IMDB was no help on this one, his character was not listed.

In fact Daniel's only IMDB credits are from LOST.

"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#11 of 76 Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

• 931 posts

Posted February 11 2011 - 11:36 AM

Henry, I can't tell if you're pulling our legs. Daniel Faraday is a character name from Lost. The actor who played the role is Jeremy Davies who does have an extensive IMDB listing.

#12 of 76 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,910 posts

Posted February 12 2011 - 07:09 AM

I had a big ol' smile on my face when I saw, "...and Walton Goggins" at the end of the opening credits. A season with Jeremy Davies, Margo Martindale, and Brad William Henke playing a hillbilly crime-family? Could not be more happy.

Poor Mulkey. Always getting snuffed after an episode or two on almost every show he pops up on. At least he's relatively safe on Boardwalk Empire.

Anyway, good episode. Getting a strong "Winter's Bone" vibe from this new storyline. Loved how they just threw us right back into everything. No sense holding our hand, and slowly getting us reacquainted with this world. The highlight for me was the 14-year-old telling the perv every little fucked-up thing that was going on his his head, while he sat there dumbfounded. Nice.

I want more Goggins next week. Then again, I always want more Goggins.

#13 of 76 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted February 12 2011 - 09:58 AM

Can't wait to see what Boyd is up to with the mine explosion. "Fire in the hole". Posted Image

"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#14 of 76 Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,469 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted February 16 2011 - 03:45 PM

So, what is up?  Is Boyd shacking up with Ava?  Doesn't seem right...but, he did save her life at the end of last episode.  Maybe they shared a moment...

#15 of 76 MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,497 posts

Posted February 17 2011 - 02:02 AM

Yeah, I didn't get that either.  I was thinking that I missed something.

Momma Bennett is one scary lady.  Wonder what her plans are for the 14 yo

"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT

#16 of 76 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,910 posts

Posted February 17 2011 - 04:38 AM

The "apricot" moment was pretty fucking great. I remember a moment like it from the Miami Vice movie. But this was so much more badass. I love the way they use the junior deputies (junior? associate?) in this show -- they're not the main attraction, but both have proved to be just as badass as Raylan when the time calls for it...

And it's a shame that the crook who realizes his partner has gone too far and tries to do the right thing, the heroic thing, always gets killed for his efforts.

#17 of 76 mike caronia

mike caronia

Second Unit

• 414 posts

Posted February 18 2011 - 04:19 AM

This week's episode was intense.

Could be the best written show on commercial television.

Hope the ratings keep it afloat.

Raylan Givens is a bad man.

#18 of 76 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,910 posts

Posted March 03 2011 - 04:17 AM

More Ava, please. Thank you very much.

Such a strange dynamic between her and Boyd now. Wonder where that's going to lead? Joelle Carter and Natalie Zea are the most ridiculously sexy one-two punch on television right now. Man, I love crazy southern chicks in TV and movies. I'd probably react more like Raylan in real life -- bemused and exasperated more than excited, but damn, they're turning me on.

Although I think the "I JUST WANNA SEE MY KID!!" trope is trite and overplayed, I nevertheless enjoyed the hell out of last night's episode. The opening scene with the Mags Bennett clan was just great.

I love how no matter how threatened she is, Mama Bennett will always offer food. In a perfect world, Margo Martindale would be on her first leg of an Emmy-run.

#19 of 76 Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,469 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted March 03 2011 - 08:42 AM

Pretty hard to beat that patio conversation between Boyd and Ava.  So subtle.  So perfect.  And, him with that wild friggin' hair.  It played like an old-time western or a great '70's Bonnie and Clyde spin off.

And, then we get all the damaged Marshall's sitting around the 'campfire' and discussing their f-ed up lives.  "At least you got to shoot your dad."  Another great, great, quiet scene.

And, they wrap it up perfectly with that look on Boyd's face and we just know he's back into a life of crime.

This show is firing right now.

#20 of 76 Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted March 03 2011 - 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Garrett Adams 

Henry, I can't tell if you're pulling our legs. Daniel Faraday is a character name from Lost. The actor who played the role is Jeremy Davies who does have an extensive IMDB listing.

There's no way to put a good face on this, I REALLY AM that stupid. Posted Image

You'd think when I got to the Daniel Faraday entry I would have noticed that it was a CHARACTER; but, sadly, I did not.

Thanks for clueing me in Garrett.

"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users