Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Justified - Season 2

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 of 76 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,395 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted May 30 2012 - 05:24 PM

I bought the Season One Blu-ray on a lark because it was priced reasonably at 19.99 It took me less than two days to watch all of the episodes and now I'm hooked.

I received the first season on Blu-Ray as a birthday present, within three episodes I ordered the second season on Amazon so I'd have it by the time I finished the first. Just a delight, with dialog that is absolutely to die for. Damn near every line is poetry. I've got a backlog of season 3 episodes on the DVR to dive into tomorrow. Margo Martindale very much deserved her Emmy, and there's an argument to be made that Kaitlyn Dever should have been nominated alongside her. This show does women really, really well. They're never mere extensions of their men; they're always coming from their own unique point of view, whether they're a middle-aged matriarch, a divorcee in crisis, a murderous widow, or a heartbroken 14-year-old little girl. The Season 2 Blu-Ray has a wonderful roundtable discussion with Elmore Leonard, Graham Yost, another of the writers and the main series director. Lots of interesting questions from Leonard about the TV writing process, and very revealing how much of season two originated in a draft the writers had of his new book "Raylan". Mags is the show's creation, about Loretta and Dickey and Coover were Leonard inventions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users