What's new

Help needed! RCA old tube TV internal speaker ! (1 Viewer)

ggtest

Auditioning
Real Name
ggtest
hi, experts

I just picked up an old RCA old tube TV 27''.

Don't know brand. or it is just RCA home theater (as its brand on lower front )

I tried many times. Muted is not on! Can adjust the volume bar to maximium. NO sound.

If I hooked the external speaker to the hookup in the back of the TV. Got normal sound!

(and in the Menus--Setting-- Spearker (on), this speaker i think is referring to external one, as if I select OFF, the external speaker has no sound)

I want to know if

1) this old RCA tube TV has own internal speakers?

2) if does have, then how to turn on the internal speakers?

Thank you very much

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Two thoughts

1. Are you using the TV's head phone jack to make your connection to your HT. If so that jack has a provision to shuts off the TV's internal speakers.
  2. The internal speaker our power amp my be shot. .

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
If you have your cable connected to the TV (either via screw-on coaxial connector, or red/white/yellow RCA jacks) and you're not getting any sound from the TVs speakers (with NOTHING else connected), then I would guess the internal speakers are shot.

If, as you say, using the TV's audio OUTPUT gives you sound through your HT system, then you should be OK to use that exclusively (most of us don't use the TVs internal speakers, anyway, we prefer to use our surround systems all the time). In fact, you should probably connect your cable or satellite audio (and video, if possible) directly to your external speaker/home theater system, then just run a video connection (yellow RCA) out to the TV.

Can you talk to the previous owner of the TV and see if they experienced the same thing?

If this was a craigslist transaction, you're probably out of luck. Should have seen/heard it before taking it home.

Hopefully you'll be able to make do and aren't out too much $$$.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks