Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Verizon Fios HDTV Equipment

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,031 posts

Posted February 06 2011 - 09:14 AM

Since there should be a number of Fios subscribers here at HTF, I have a question regaurding the fios hdtv cable box.  I have thought about getting Fios service since I already have Fios telephone and fiber optic internet.  For now I am sticking with Direct TV but my neighbor has the same Fios service as I do and they are considering dropping Dish Network and adding Fios TV.  There doesn't seem to be any specs on Verizons web site for the motorola cable box they use.

1. Does the Fios box have fiber optic out?

2. Does the Fios box have HDMI and component video?

3. Can you stream programing from your pc via ethernet to your cable box?

My neighbor is concerned that he might have issues not being able to hook up everything with the gear he currently owns.

Supporter of 1080p & 4K video / Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose & LG!

#2 of 2 Neil White

Neil White

Supporting Actor

• 552 posts

Posted February 15 2011 - 02:54 PM

1. Yes.

2. Yes and yes although there have been some handshake issues on HDMI with some TVs.  They are rare though and get fixed with STB firmware updates from time to time.

3. Not programming.  I think YouTube was available at one point, not sure about now.  You can stream photos and music if that option is enabled.  The client that runs on the PC is not that great though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users