What's new

Error L on MCACC setup (1 Viewer)

tracybennett1

Auditioning
Real Name
Tracy Bennett
Start this with... I am a girl and do not have great technical/electronic skills. Just bought a Pioneer Elite receiver and speakers. All I have are the speakers plugged into the Speaker B area. There is no sound and I followed the set-up under speaker set-up to select the appropriate speakers.

Originally I missed the MCACC setup, so now I just tried to do that.. Got the Mic error 1st, hit next, and it says Speakers Yes/No, and comes back with Error L. After scrolling through, it seems I have an Error R also.

My speakers have 2 hookups I guess for the bi, but Im not doing that. Does it matter if I use the top or bottom set of hookups on the speaker.. for the time being, I have one each way.. thinking one speaker would at least work..

Please help.. I really wanna enjoy my new set-up.. Thank you..

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Welcome to Home Theater Forum Tracy. What is the model number of your receiver? Some receivers have A and B speaker outputs. There is a toggle switch to select which pair you want to use. Try hooking them up to the A connections. My guess is that error means in can't find the speakers, so you either have them hooked up to the wrong jacks or miswired. Once we know the model we can look at the jacks and tell you which to use.

tracybennett1

Auditioning
Real Name
Tracy Bennett
It's the VSX-31. I have the speakers plugged into the Speaker B area that is labeled Front Height/Wide.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Thats your problem. Those are for a seven or nine channel setup. GIve me a second to track down a picture of the back of your receiver.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
You want to hook them up to these jacks. If you look closely there is a notch in the upper right. Unscrew them, stick your speaker wire through the notch and then screw them back in to tighten them. Make sure the wire hooked up to the red side on the back of the reciever is hooked up to the red connection on the back of the speaker. Red to red and black to black.

tracybennett1

Auditioning
Real Name
Tracy Bennett
Ok. .I was looking at the back, and there's an area called Surround Back with R L then in parenthesis it says (single). I'm thinking that could be the one I need to use; however, it's a different type of connection... unlike the speakerB hookup where I just stick the speaker wire in and clamp it down... this area is set up different.. im not sure how to discribe it.. but there does not appear to be a way to tighten in the wire (like the back of the speaker) or to clamp it in like the Speaker B connection on the receiver.

tracybennett1

Auditioning
Real Name
Tracy Bennett
sorry i see your new mssg with the picture now.. it wasnt there when i was typing the other one.. let me try that...

tracybennett1

Auditioning
Real Name
Tracy Bennett
only two for now.. i bought it predominately for music at this point..

it seems very strange the way the wires go in through the side.. they are secure, but it looks messy.. I guess I expected the wire to go thru the center of the red/black.. it still isnt working but i need to adjust the speaker settings i think, so that the receiver recognizes im using those ports.

tracybennett1

Auditioning
Real Name
Tracy Bennett
I went thru the speaker settings. I turned Front Height to LARGE, Then Center NO, and all others NO....

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam

tracybennett1

Auditioning
Real Name
Tracy Bennett
Ok.. I'm starting to think there is something wrong w/ the receiver altogether. Even following the basic instructions to reset didnt work.. I'm not that technically challenged.. It says hold enter and press standby/on button.. It does not say Reset/NO. It dsnt do anything.

Thanks for your help... I guess i will keep trying, but if i dont have any luck.. I will just go into best buy again tomorrow. It really sucks buying something and not being able to enjoy it.. the pain of spending the $ and then the frustration of setup...

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
It should respond to the reset. You could also turn it off (standby) and then pull the power cord, wait a few minutes and then plug it back in and see if you can reset it. Multi zone does have to be turned off for the reset to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks