Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Things HDMI

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   FL-GATOR

FL-GATOR

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted February 02 2011 - 07:31 AM

I'm building a house/theater from the ground up. I want to connect various video displays to my A/V receiver, a LCD screen in my office, a LCD in the livingroom and an LCD projector, also in the living room.

What are the pro/cons of spillters and switches. Picture quality is, of course, critical. Is there a brand you would recommend.

For HDMI cable, I need 30' to the projector and 10' to the LCD screens. I see a million different brands out there, and I don't want to buy a cheap one that would harm the image quality, but I'm not real big on dropping $350 for a cable unless I have to.

Is there a brand that is high quality, yet reasonably priced?

Thanks for any input,

GATOR

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted February 02 2011 - 01:03 PM

go to places like Bluejeans Cables or Monoprice.

The concerns I have about splitters would be making sure that a given device doesn't get confused, causing HDCP protection errors or something.  I'm sure it's a situation that's been "dealt with;" I just haven't paid that much attention to it.

Leo

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   isai124

isai124

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 25 2011 - 07:46 AM

Well here are some HDMI cables if you are still interested http://www.emtcompan...les-page-2.html   I heard from my friends that the Rocketfish HDMI cables are great. This site also have ipod accessories and other different adapters.

Ok then i hope this helps

Later