-

Photo
- - - - -

PHE Press Release: A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,574 posts

Posted February 01 2011 - 09:21 AM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

DIRECTOR STEVEN SPIELBERG’S BREATHTAKING SCI-FI FANTASY COMES TO LIFE IN SPARKLING HIGH DEFINITION

A.I. Artificial Intelligence

Futuristic Fable Debuts on Blu-ray™ April 5, 2011 Loaded with Nearly Two Hours of Behind-the-Scenes Special Features

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

HOLLYWOOD, CALIF. – Acclaimed director Steven Spielberg propels viewers into a future of astounding technology and adventure in the critically-acclaimed film A.I. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, arriving for the first time on Blu-ray April 5, 2011 from Paramount Home Entertainment.  Hailed as a “masterpiece” (New York Observer) and “unmistakably the work of a real filmmaker” (Rolling Stone), A.I. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE depicts a future world of awe-inspiring scientific advances where humans share every aspect of their lives with sophisticated companion robots called Mechas.  But when an advanced prototype robot child named David (Haley Joel Osment) is programmed to show unconditional love, his human family isn’t prepared for the consequences.  So David embarks on a spectacular quest to discover the startling secret of his own identity.

“Filled with visual wonders and astonishing special effects” (Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times), A.I. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE has been digitally remastered for this release and is an ideal film to experience in high definition.  The Blu-ray Disc™ boasts nearly two hours of in-depth special features including a look at the design, special effects, sound, music and acting in the film, as well as comments from Steven Spielberg about our responsibility to artificial intelligence.

A.I. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE Blu-ray

The A.I. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE Blu-ray is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital with English, English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles.  Bonus features are presented in standard definition except where noted HD:

·         Creating A.I.

·         Acting A.I.

o   A Portrait of David

o   A Portrait of Gigolo Joe

·         Designing A.I.

o   A.I. : From Drawings to Sets

o   Dressing A.I.

·         Lighting A.I.

·         A.I./FX

·         The Robots of A.I.

·         Special Visual Effects and Animation: ILM

o   An Overview

o   The Robots

o   The Miniatures

o   New York City Sequence

o   Animating A.I.

·         The Sound and Music of A.I.

·         Closing: Steven Spielberg: Our Responsibility to Artificial Intelligence

·         Two Theatrical Trailers (HD)

·         A.I. Archives

Storyboards

Chris Baker’s Portfolio

Production Design Portfolio

ILM Concept Art

Portrait Gallery—Photographs by David James

Steven Spielberg—Behind-the-Scenes Photos by David James

About Paramount Home Entertainment   

Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.  PPC is a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands.  PHE is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment products on behalf of various parties including: Paramount Pictures, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Paramount Famous Productions, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, CBS and PBS and for providing home entertainment fulfillment services for DreamWorks Animation Home Entertainment.

A.I. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE Blu-ray

Street date:                April 5, 2011

Pricing:                       $24.99 U.S.

Runtime:                     145 minutes

U.S. Rating:                PG-13 for some sexual content and violent images

Canadian Rating:       14A

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 12 Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,634 posts

Posted February 01 2011 - 02:21 PM

This is one of my most anticipated releases. I adore this film for all its wonders and flaws. It is beautfully crafted, terrifically acted, and has one of John Williams' most heartbreaking score. A day one own for me!

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#3 of 12 Mark_TB

Mark_TB

Second Unit

• 334 posts
  • LocationOmaha, Nebraska

Posted February 01 2011 - 05:55 PM

I also love the film for all of the reasons you stated, Neil.  I saw this several times during its theatrical run, and even took the day off from work to enjoy it again upon its DVD release.  Like many Kubrick films, it seems very simple on its surface, but the more you're willing to put into it, the more you're likely to find.

Anyway, I preordered this when Amazon first made it available in December, so I'll be anxious to see how it looks on Blu.

- Mark

#4 of 12 Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 871 posts

Posted February 02 2011 - 01:50 AM

This is all very well, but when do we get "Jaws" and "Jurassic Park/Lost World"? I'd also like to see "Always." "A.I." holds no interest for me, but to each his own. Enjoy!

#5 of 12 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,574 posts

Posted February 02 2011 - 02:48 AM

Rick,

I realize you are associating a single director with titles

you would like released to Blu-ray, but your request spans

two studios.

Jurassic Park is rumored to be released this year from
Universal.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#6 of 12 Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,634 posts

Posted February 02 2011 - 02:49 AM

Paramount (Dreamworks) have been very good at getting Spielberg titles on Blu-ray in our hands. Saving Private Ryan, War of the Worlds, Minority Report, and now A.I. - I really hope Universal can get it together and release the titles you mentioned - Jaws especially. I haven't seen Always since its theatrical run, so that would be great to revisit in HD too.

Originally Posted by Rick Thompson 

This is all very well, but when do we get "Jaws" and "Jurassic Park/Lost World"? I'd also like to see "Always." "A.I." holds no interest for me, but to each his own. Enjoy!

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#7 of 12 Brian Borst

Brian Borst

Screenwriter

• 1,137 posts

Posted February 02 2011 - 05:39 AM

A great, underrated movie, and it looks fantastic on Blu-ray, very similar to the other Spielberg/Kaminski collaborations on Blu-ray. It actually looks like film.

Never go out with anyone who thinks Fellini is a type of cheese

My Blu-Ray/DVD Collection

#8 of 12 DaveF

DaveF

Executive Producer

• 13,579 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted February 03 2011 - 05:07 PM

I'm a fan of this movie. Love the soundtrack. Have it on DVD. Haven't watched it in years, though. I may have to put this on my wishlist, for a future gift-receiving holiday :)

#9 of 12 CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,349 posts
  • LocationToronto area, Canada

Posted April 04 2011 - 02:50 PM

Anybody viewed the U.S. release of this yet? Unlike many others (based on past DVD threads) this is one of my preferred Spielberg offerings.

#10 of 12 Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted April 04 2011 - 02:51 PM

Has anyone in Norte America seen this Blu-Ray?

"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#11 of 12 Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,481 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted April 04 2011 - 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Gale 

Has anyone in Norte America seen this Blu-Ray?

There are reviews up at http://www.blu-ray.c...y/8686/#Review'>Blu-Ray.com and DVDTalk. Both are VERY positive. Each reviewer gave it 4 1/2 stars out of 5 for PQ. Looking forward to this one tomorrow!

Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.

* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.

* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#12 of 12 Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,634 posts

Posted April 04 2011 - 04:40 PM

Craig - you won't be disappointed. Here is my review:

http://www.hometheat...hly-recommended

My DVD Collection