Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Cheap screen

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Maveric2112

Maveric2112

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted January 31 2011 - 03:46 AM

I'm still in the process of having a acoustic screen made for me. However it wont be ready for several weeks. So with Superbowl just around the corner we were thinking of using the projector for the game. I was wonder what would be the best solution to use as a screen for around $50.00 and it doesn't have to be an AT screen. Thanks for the input

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted February 01 2011 - 12:17 PM

Size?  Conditions?  Free-hanging?  Against a wall? Details! Even a flat white wall can be effective.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   wiredawg

wiredawg

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted February 03 2011 - 05:11 AM

My current temporary screen is a 4' X 8' peice of 3/4" styrofoan insulation covered with a cheap white plastic table cloth then a white sheet. The tablecloth helps mask manufacturers writing on the foam. I taped the tablecloth then pinned the sheet with T pins around the edges. I had to pull it tight one direction (top to bottom) then the other (sisdeways). Then switching back and forth until there were no wrinkles. Set it on something the height you want. It works great for a cheap temporary solution. It took maybee 20 minutes to put together.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,731 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted February 03 2011 - 08:33 AM

wiredawg, that's a good idea. I don't know what the sheet and table cloth cost, but it might be cheaper to use one layer of blackout cloth instead.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   wiredawg

wiredawg

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted February 04 2011 - 01:21 AM

Thanks,

The blackout cloth would probably work better. I started with the table cloth but after a week or so it was getting loose and the creases from being folded were becomming distracting so I added the sheet for a more consistent picture.

I built a stand out of some scrap materials and we prop it in front of the plasma to watch movies. It only takes a minute to set it up but takes days to get it put away becuase the teenagers prefer it for gaming.

$9 Foam from Menards

$8 Sheet from Walmart (I already had it)

$3 Tablecloth from factory card outlet (I already had it)

$20

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users