Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Smith Family

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator

• 181 posts

Posted January 30 2011 - 01:43 AM

I remember watching this TV series which starring Henry Fonda.  I haven't seen it in ages.  As Henry Fonda is such a wellknown film actor I am surprised that this show has never made it to DVD.  Is there perhaps a reason for it?

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted January 30 2011 - 02:23 AM

Well, in no particular order: not enough episodes (39), never syndicated or rerun on cable in the U.S. since going off the air in 1972, currently owned by a company (CBS/Paramount) with hundreds of more well-known shows, no tape elements since the film prints have never been transferred for broadcast. I like the show, although it was kind of an early attempt at a dramedy. The first season open had the Primrose Lane theme song and made it seem more like a family show while the second season had Fonda running around and shooting, emphasizing the cop aspect. I have a few of them from when they ran in England around 20 years ago plus a couple from film. Pretty hard show to find.