Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Jordan Rudess and "friends" show this past Sunday (1/23/11)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   RodC

RodC

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted January 27 2011 - 03:38 AM

I know on occasion I've seen reference to things Dream Theater related on this forum, so I thought I would share about a FANTASTIC show I attended at the Tarrytown Music Hall, Tarrytown, NY.  Jordan Rudess (keyboard) was joined by James Labrie (vocals, also of DT), the guys from Project RnL, and a most remarkable 18 year old, Eren Basbug from Turkey that, by way of his work that has been posted on YouTube, was sought out by Jordan Rudess to collaborate on this project, Explorations, and orchestrate the piece, as well as play it, for the show.  Additionally, Jordan Rudess and James Labrie performed "Space Dye Vest" live for the very first time EVER!   There was a meet and greet following the show, and as if watching them wasn't amazing enough, those of us with VIP passes got to meet every performer!  Ok, I'm done boasting now.  :)

Did anybody else have the opportunity to enjoy these musical geniuses live?

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,535 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 28 2011 - 04:03 AM

That sounds awesome!  I'm nowhere near that area anymore, but I went to the Derek Sherinian birthday show on Long Island years ago when he was in the band.  That was a great little show too.

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick