-

Photo

Anchor Bay Press Release: Megan Is Missing (DVD)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,529 posts

Posted January 25 2011 - 01:10 PM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

“Megan achieves a degree of intimacy and verisimilitude that even documentary filmmakers might envy.”

- The American Cinematographer

According to ourchildsafe.com, 800,000 children go missing every year in the United States. Child abduction is a parent’s worst nightmare come to life, but all it takes for someone to fall victim to a kidnapping in this technological age is a computer, a modem…and an Internet predator. On May 3, 2011, Anchor Bay Entertainment releases Megan Is Missing on DVD, a chilling story based on seven real cases of child abduction.  This DVD will be available for an SRP of $26.98 with pre-book on April 6.

Megan Stewart and her best friend Amy Herman are both fourteen, live fairly typical suburban teenage lives, and share a favorite pastime: chatting with friends online. However, Megan’s less-than-idyllic home life compels her to act more “adult” – i.e. promiscuous – than Amy. After hearing about a new guy that her friend keeps bragging about, Megan starts talking to “Josh” online.  He sounds cool, he says all the right things and, most importantly to Megan, he tells her she’s beautiful.  After several web chats over the course of a few days, Josh convinces Megan to meet him in person. Megan is never heard from again.

Frightened and confused by Megan’s absence, Amy launches a concentrated effort to find her friend. But instead of finding Megan, she uncovers a truth more terrifying than she ever could have imagined.  And as the media swirls around the story of Megan Stewart’s disappearance, Amy Herman suddenly vanishes as well.

Told from the point of view of webcams, cell phones, surveillance footage, news reports and hand-held video clips, Megan Is Missing is a cautionary tale that graphically depicts the horrors of child abduction and Internet predators. And viewers be warned: the final 22 minutes are a disturbing, yet haunting reminder that real monsters are only a click away from destroying young lives.Endorsed by Marc Klaas, of the KlaasKids Foundation, Megan Is Missing is a reality-based thriller, which brings to light the brutal combination of intelligence, manipulation, and perversion that characterizes the Internet predator.  In the words of the film’s Emmy® nominated writer/director, Michael Goi “…to defeat evil, you first have to know what evil is.  Megan Is Missing is me, and now you, staring evil in the face.”  

Please check out the website at www.meganismissing.com.

MEGAN IS MISSING DVD

Street Date:                 May 3, 2011

Pre-Book:                   April 6, 2011

Catalog #:                    0 1313 22805-9 2

UPC #:                        DV22805

Audio:                         Dolby Digital 5.1

Aspect Ratio:              Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78:1)

Retail Price:                 $26.98

Genre:                        Crime/Thriller

Rating:                        Not Rated

Run Time:                   86 minutes

Year:                          2009

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 4 cinemaguy

cinemaguy

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 05 2011 - 10:30 PM

As the writer/director of Megan Is Missing, I want to say that I am thrilled a company as respected as Anchor Bay is releasing the film.

When my producers and I made the movie, we wanted to be as uncompromising as possible in our depictions of real events, and to tell the story in a manner that the audience would feel as if they were living it as it happens. When we completed the movie, it was so intense and honest in its depiction of children today and the dangers they face, that I was afraid I had made a movie that could not be distributed to a wide audience. Anchor Bay stepped up to the plate and saw the film for what it is: a cautionary tale that takes its audience through a reality they would like to believe does not exist.

When Marc Klaas, whose 12 year old daughter Polly was abducted and murdered in Petaluma, California, saw the film, he immediately recognized what I was trying to do. People today are so inundated with information and reports of heinous crimes that the human side of what it means gets lost. Megan is Missing is my attempt to shake people out of that complacency using only facts culled from seven actual cases woven into one story. I want the film to move people; move them to get angry, move them to get upset, move them to question, and ultimately move them to want to change their world and the world of their children for the better. As Marc says in an introduction on the DVD, "Megan Is Missing should prompt you, so that you don't end up like me."

I expect the film to stir up some controversy. I expect people to question my motives for making a film as disturbing as this one is. But, as I've seen happen in screening after screening, I also expect the viewers to not forget what they've experienced; to think about the events in the film and to take a look at their own lives and the lives of their kids, and say "I refuse to allow this to happen in my neighborhood, to my family, and I will do whatever it takes to insure that it doesn't. I will get involved."

Michael Goi

#3 of 4 mike_frontier

mike_frontier

Supporting Actor

• 670 posts

Posted May 05 2011 - 01:43 PM

Cant wait to see this movie

Thank you.

Mike AkA-Frontier
My dvd collection and still more to add. **UpDated**
http://www.dvdaficio...San&id=mikeysan

#4 of 4 Tiffanyk

Tiffanyk

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted May 05 2011 - 05:53 PM

i have a young sister that is the age of theses girls and im glad i saw this movie because i made my mom and sis sit down and watch this to shake my sister in understanding why the internet can be so dangerous or making random friends on the internet can cost you more then you gain this is an amazing movie it def shakes you up to wanna make a difference GREAT JOB