Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Stepping Down

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 of 39 OFFLINE   Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man

• 12,200 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted January 25 2011 - 09:43 AM

I wanted to let all of you know that at the end of this month I will be stepping down as an owner of the forum. My position will be taken over by Kevin Collins who is a good friend of Adam. He will be able to bring a lot to the forum with his connections at Microsoft and his love and understanding of all the hardware and software that makes up home theater. I will certainly miss everyone around the forum and will be checking in from time to time but my time will be limited. It has been a real pleasure getting to know you all and I will always be thankful for all posts that you have put in over the years to make HTF what it is. As one of my favorite characters says: Be seeing you. Parker

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#2 of 39 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

• 3,342 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted January 25 2011 - 09:58 AM

Sorry to hear that, Parker.  I wish you all the best in whatever your future holds. I've been around the forum for a very long time, and stuck through some rough transitions, but what always brought me back was the community. You've done a tremendous job building a fantastic environment where all of us can share our common passion for all things Home Theater. We'll miss you!

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#3 of 39 OFFLINE   Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,727 posts

Posted January 25 2011 - 10:43 AM

Hi there, Parker: You were one person I truly enjoyed working with at HTF. Integrity is in such short supply these days, and it seems like a little bit more of it left just now. I wish you the best. JB

#4 of 39 ONLINE   TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,978 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 25 2011 - 11:08 AM

Thanks for giving me a soap box to spout off on. Best of luck with the furture!

#5 of 39 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 19,262 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted January 25 2011 - 11:09 AM

Truly sad to hear this Packy.  Wishing you all the best!!! I've only me Kevin a few times but I was impressed with his deep knowledge and for his passion for both his company and Home Theater in general.  I hope his influence as a new owner will bring nothing but positive impacts.  Not to demean any of my fellow posters but I can't think of a more intriguing choice from among us to replace you! I know you threatened above to only stop in occiassionally but I hope you are able to join us more than that now that you have free reign to publically rub elbows with us lowly members of the peanut gallery!  =)

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

HTF Rules

Classified Sales Rules

UV Sales New Clarifications

#6 of 39 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 15,179 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted January 25 2011 - 01:07 PM

What will your droogs, deep in the underbelly of the HTF, do without you?    I hate and fear this kind of change.  I'm sure Kevin will be great, but you and Ron ran a tight ship for a long time.  Good luck with whatever you do in the future.

#7 of 39 OFFLINE   Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover

• 1,425 posts

Posted January 25 2011 - 01:13 PM

Wow...I come back to the forum and Packy leaves. Coincidence? In all honesty, Parker, you've been a big help over the past decade and I certainly appreciate it.
Tim's Essential Music

Xbox Live gamertag: Stangboy124

#8 of 39 OFFLINE   BrianW

• 2,561 posts

Posted January 25 2011 - 04:14 PM

Parker, the quality of this forum is a reflection of your integrity (to steal a word from Jack).  No other cyberplace has felt as much like home as the HTF. I wish you every possible success in your journey. (I hate it sometimes when life happens.) Kindest Regards, -Brian
Come, Rubidia. Let's blow this epoch.

#9 of 39 OFFLINE   Todd H

Todd H

Go Dawgs!

• 2,099 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted January 26 2011 - 01:43 AM

We'll miss you Parker. I've been here a long time and it just won't be the same without you here.

#10 of 39 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

• 5,212 posts

Posted January 26 2011 - 01:56 AM

Best wishes and good luck with whatever the future holds. - Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#11 of 39 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

• 9,420 posts

Posted January 26 2011 - 02:12 AM

Parker, I wish you the best in your professional and personal endeavors. :)

#12 of 39 OFFLINE   Richard Travale

Richard Travale

• 3,426 posts
  • LocationThe Island, Canada

Posted January 26 2011 - 02:38 AM

Best of luck parker!
 "Cock your hat - angles are attitudes. "
- Frank Sinatra 

#13 of 39 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 11,160 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted January 26 2011 - 03:34 AM

Parker, Thank you -- and Ron -- for creating and growing HTF. You should be proud of the community you have helped develop. Best of luck with whatever the future brings.

#14 of 39 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• 14,946 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted January 26 2011 - 03:37 AM

"Open the pod bay doors HAL" Parker helped me out a lot on the forum and I'll always be grateful. We've chatted regularly by PM for nearly 10 years and we'll still keep in touch. With Packy going it really is the end of an era. Chief, I wish you all the best, so long... and thanks for all the fish.

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Top 10 Charts

#15 of 39 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,546 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted January 26 2011 - 03:55 AM

Thanks for all the years of great work, and best of luck in your future endeavors!  I'll keep an eye out for you on the boards, don't be too much of a stranger! :)

#16 of 39 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,836 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 26 2011 - 03:57 AM

I can only add my voice to those others who commend Parker (and Ron) for their little contribution to the internet. I know I've enjoyed my time here because the HTF is a place for civil discourse among people with real names--a vision that not many other forum owners shared. Parker:  Thanks for your efforts and the amount of time you devoted to this place.  We'll miss you as an owner and member of the administration team and hope you will be a returning presence as an active member.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#17 of 39 OFFLINE   Edwin-S

• 5,881 posts

Posted January 26 2011 - 05:16 AM

Good luck with your future endeavors. I'm sure that your touch will be missed around here.
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#18 of 39 OFFLINE   RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,645 posts

Posted January 26 2011 - 07:34 AM

Best wishes to you, Parker.  You've done a great job here.

#19 of 39 OFFLINE   DavidJ

• 2,890 posts

Posted January 26 2011 - 07:43 AM

Parker, you'll be missed and I wish you well.

#20 of 39 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,229 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted January 26 2011 - 08:01 AM

Parker- I had the privilege of interacting with you first as a member, then a moderator and finally as an owner.  Thanks for all you have done for HTF and best wishes for the future.  I hope our paths cross again. Quote:
I've only me Kevin a few times but I was impressed with his deep knowledge and for his passion for both his company and Home Theater in general.  I hope his influence as a new owner will bring nothing but positive impacts.  Not to demean any of my fellow posters but I can't think of a more intriguing choice from among us to replace you!  
Thanks Sam.  Ron and Parker with the help of fantastic moderators over the years defined the "culture" of HTF.  I came up through the ranks in that culture and its one of the big reasons I decided to become an owner.  That culture won't change.  As you mention, Kevin has a deep knowledge and passion for Home Theater.  I'm excited to see him bring that passion to Home Theater Forum especially considering the shoes he will be needing to fill .  I'm glad that a lot of you have had the opportunity to meet him in person at some of the HTF Events.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users