What's new

Any and all thoughts - basement remodel (1 Viewer)

mderzio

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Derziotis
Hi we are in the process of finishing off our basement. We are down to the media room and I would like to get any and all suggestions and overall thoughts of what I am trying to accomplish.

Usage: Movies, Sports, Music, light gaming, light TV usage(mainly major sporting events) overall entertaining.

I am attaching a picture of the layout so I would appreciate any and all comments.

Some questions:

Right now the "media area" is 16' x 13'6". If I decrease that to 15' x 13'6" would that make a drastice difference in the viewing? I could reaaly use the extra foot for the pool table.

What screen size would you reccomend? I think we will do a permanent screen and do some built ins around and along the bottom to encase the screen and audio video storage.

Again any all suggestions are appreciated. We know that we are not going to have the best of all worlds. After reading several posts we seen that your first media room is awesome because it's your first.

Thanks

Mike

mderzio

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Derziotis
Also I forgot to ask. Are there any companies on the net that sell equipment that can help me set something up so I can keep the project moving ? I really need to get the wiring in so the drywallers can start.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Smokecloud

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
First, im not sure if any of your walls are already in and permanent or not. So here it goes. I would not put the media where you have it planned, that is the center of your play world and foot traffic between the pool area and others would interfere with being submerged in the movie experience. I would put the theater where you have the bar slated for, extend the wall to an appropriate length and put your screen on the south wall, (going by the top being north) Media would be SE corner of the basement. I would put the pool table are where the Media is slated to be. Your storage in the far SW corner seems like a waste of space since you already have all that under stair storage. your storage cabinets only take up half of the SW corner, you cant use the space for anything else, you just as well put a door on the beginning of the room and make it a storage room, or scrap the storage all together and make a card table room. Or Move the fitness area to the SW corner, then it opens up the entire North end of the basement for Pool Table and bar.

Back to the pool table area (where the media is now) take out the east wall, open it up and make your bar in the NE corner , so it will be close to the theater, but open to the pool table, it will also open up the area and make it feel larger.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks