What's new

Check out my new Movie Theater! (1 Viewer)

primelogic

Auditioning
Real Name
jason
The project all starting with my 180 gallon fish tank, then I totally scraped out 2 bedrooms, and combined them into one, to form my movie theater / bedroom! So yeah, it's also my bedroom! Have you ever seen a movie theater that's also a bedroom? I might be the first :)

Anyway, you can see pictures of all this (including construction pictures) from this link:

http://primelogic.ws/180-gallon-fish-tank.htm

I have now been using this room for about 6 months, and I am totally happy with it! I love bringing chicks home from dates and surprising them with my bedroom :) Or having a small get together and watching a movie. Or cuddling up in my blankets at night and playing some Xbox 360 on it!

My original idea was to put the movie theater in my basement and separate it from my bedroom, but I am happy I combined them! I get way more use out of it.

CBRacerX

Grip
Real Name
Chris Brown
That is some interesting decor alright! Nice garage ;)

So for the best view you have to be in bed?

awells85

Grip
Real Name
tony wells
Hey Prime sweet setup you got. I have some questions if you wouldn't mind answering them. How far are you seated from the screen and what size is it? Also is that fabric on your walls? how much did that run I would imagine pretty expensive. Thanks Tony

primelogic

Auditioning
Real Name
jason
The screen is 14 feet away from where I lay in my bed. And yes the bed is directly in view with it. The screen size is 110 inches.

Some times I move my bed out of the room and line up the couches/chairs and have movie parties for like the super bowl party im about to have next weekend, and also for rockband parties etc..

And yes that is acoustic sound reducing walls with fabric over them, looks awesome! Here is the price rundown of everything:

Labor to knock down the walls between the 2 bedrooms: $1,000

Parts and labor for painting ceiling, trim: $500

Fish Tank and cabinets: $9,000

Acoustic Sound reducing panels for the walls: $8,000

Carpeting in room (and floor by fish tank): $3,000

Track Lighting: $8,500

Curtains: $200

Fireplace and brick work around fireplace: $6,000

Leather couches and chairs: $5,000

Bed: $1,500 (yeah bed was cheap, but it's what i wanted)

JVC DLA-RS25 Projector: $8,000

Screen: $1,500

Speakers: $9,000 (they are Monitor Audio brand)

Remote for room: $800

Yamaha Receiver Model: RXV-V1900: $1,000

Other electronics for wiring, etc.. $2,000

Total price: $65,000 (about the cost of my car lol)

I also just recently installed an 8 person hottub in my back yard and that project costed me 30 grand.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Just curious. You referenced sound proofing with the walls. I noticed in the construction, acoustic treatments being fabric covered over rigid fiberglass. That helps to "tame" the sound in a room by controlling sound reflection but it doesn't add any sound proofing benefits that I am aware of. Am I missing something about what else may have been done to the walls?

Typically, sound proofing requires other techniques to disconnect the walls of a room from the other aspects of the house. And having a direct opening to the remainder of the house would defeat that.

primelogic

Auditioning
Real Name
jason
Originally Posted by smithb

Just curious. You referenced sound proofing with the walls. I noticed in the construction, acoustic treatments being fabric covered over rigid fiberglass. That helps to "tame" the sound in a room by controlling sound reflection but it doesn't add any sound proofing benefits that I am aware of. Am I missing something about what else may have been done to the walls?

Typically, sound proofing requires other techniques to disconnect the walls of a room from the other aspects of the house. And having a direct opening to the remainder of the house would defeat that.

Yeah its actually more like sound reducing, not proofing, sorry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks