What's new

Paramount's 100th Anniversary In 2012 Any Surprises Coming To Blu ? (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
2012 will be Paramount's 100th anniversary. Hopefully there won't be another Audrey Hepburn box set release in SD.

Any speculation about what might be released in blu in celebration? Hopefully it will be better than Fox's 75th.

RCinOttawa

Agent
Real Name
RC
"Who's Minding the Store?" with Jerry Lewis!

Last time it came out on home video was on VHS, was not released on dvd.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
isn't that enough for one year?

No. Provided the attention to quality is there, I'd love to see the pace of catalog releases speed up with more resources devoted to that category of Blu-ray release.

The title I most want from Paramount is: Once Upon A Time In The West. Hope I don't have to wait until 2012.

As far as speculation goes, maybe.- The President's Analyst, Harold and Maude, Bang The Drum Slowly, Death Wish, Marathon Man, Heaven Can Wait, Dragonslayer; to name a few titles that I hope make it to Blu-Ray from Paramount.

- Walter.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Paramounts 100th really calls for it to step up to the plate, unfortunatly a lot of the back catalog is at Universal, but let's see we have Wilder (Stalag 17, Sunset Blvd,) Hitchcock ( To Catch A Thief) Stevens (Shane) Pal (War Of The Worlds) Numorous titles with Audrey Hepburn, John Wayne . And while i know it wont happen, when will we ever see an official release of Betty Boop

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Rosemary's Baby would be fantastic. They missed the film's 40th anniversary a few years ago, so maybe Paramount's 100th will be a better excuse....

Brianruns10

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian Rose
My guessed be a massive, expensive box set full of never before released titles which, conveniently enough, are not available separately... ;)

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I think it would be a surprise if they actually released anything. If they were to I would guess films like Sunset Boulevard, Chinatown, Once Upon a Time in the West, The Odd Couple, To Catch a Thief, Airplane!, Ordinary People, Rosemary's Baby, Love Story, Roman Holiday, An Officer and a Gentleman, Flashdance, Terms of Endearment, The Greatest Show on Earth, Urban Cowboy, Marathon Man, Wings, War of the Worlds, Harold and Maude, Serpico, Breakfast at Tiffany's and some more John Wayne titles would be considered. This is a partial list of Award Winners and box office hits they own. The Pre-1950 films Universal owns.

I'd personally like Nashville, Hud, The Miracle of Morgan's Creek, Seconds and Wonder Boys. They seem like Criterion titles in my opinion.

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I know it's a long shot for blu-ray release ...ever... but, I would love to have "Li'l Abner" on Blu-ray. The DVD looks really great, but the colors on the Vista Vision release would pop on blu-ray like never before!

"We want's to broaden our horizons" - "Your horizons are broad enough.....especially yours"!

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
How about this ?

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/19138/jerry-lewis-comedy-remakes-galore

Comedian Jerry Lewis has signed a deal with Artificial Intelligence Entertainment and Social Capital Films to remake three of his most successful comedies from his heyday in the 60's reports Variety.

The companies have acquired remake rights from Lewis to the titles in Lewis' Paramount library which were given back to him in the 1970's.

They plan to develop contemporary remakes of "The Bellboy," "Cinderfella" and "The Family Jewels" with each to be considered as a potential franchise for a major comedy star.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Most of these have already been mentioned, but the titles I want the most are Once Upon a Time in the West, Indiana Jones trilogy (Raiders, Temple of Doom & Last Crusade), The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Chinatown, Funeral in Berlin, Rosemary's Baby, The War of the Worlds, Marathon Man, Gallipoli, Stalag 17, Sunset Boulevard, The Dead Zone, The Duellists, Last Train from Gun Hill, Shane.

But I'm not holding my breath for any of them to come out this year.

RCinOttawa

Agent
Real Name
RC
Since it's now part of the National Film Registry:

[SIZE= 20px]AIRPLANE![/SIZE]

Bluray special edition please... (but not in a wretched digibook)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Originally Posted by Michel_Hafner

I'd love "A Place in the Sun".

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.... PLEASE.

[/QUOTE]

Let's hope it happens, Michel! It's a big title for them and now out of print on DVD. It's also the only film of hers that Elizabeth Taylor participated in the bonus material.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks