Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Ringtones

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

Executive Producer

• 14,121 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted January 17 2011 - 02:38 PM

Every forum needs a ringtone thread :)

Maybe it's old news, but I discovered http://audiko.net/ this summer, when I went searching for ringtones for my iPhone. I make some manually, but Audiko has a big library and I keep finding most of what I want there. What's your favorite resource for ringtones?

And my favorites are:

"Showtime" from the Amelie soundtrack. I cut out the melody line and added a fade to the end (in Garage Band) to make a custom ring for my wife.

"Futurama Theme" for an old grad-school friend.

"CTU Phone" from 24. I've wanted this ringtone for five years, since I first watched 24. I finally got it on my iPhone and it's my generic ringer.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,869 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted January 17 2011 - 07:14 PM

I just make my own.  Right now, I've only got two customs: the main melody from the Allman Brothers' "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" and the guitar phrase from Badge that leads into the line, "Yes, I told you that the light goes up and down."  They work surprisingly well as ringtones.  I'm going to make the guitar and dog "call and response" from Pink Floyd's Seamus into a tone for my friend, but I'm thinking it probably won't work out.