What's new

KOLCHAK: THE NIGHT STALKER...and other Universal requests (1 Viewer)

MattHR

Screenwriter
Does anyone else want to see KOLCHAK: THE NIGHT STALKER complete TV series in a DVD box set? I believe the series ran for only 20 episodes back in 1974-1975. Anchor Bay already released the two TV-movie/pilots THE NIGHT STALKER and THE NIGHT STRANGLER. Those were ABC Film productions, while the series was produced by Universal Studios.

I'd also like to see other Universal TV series released on DVD: THE ROCKFORD FILES, THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN, THE BIONIC WOMAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, KOJAK, to name just a few.

Of all the major studios, Univeral is probably the biggest offender when it comes to ignoring their TV library, and Universal has one of the largest.

Universal has released dozens of TV DVDs in the U.K. on their Universal Playback label. Hopefully, they will start to release them in the U.S. (and in full-season box sets, of course!)

Here's hoping...

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I had read somewhere that the biggest problem is that Universal has sold it's tv product to USA networks. But, now that they have bought them back. More shows might start getting released.

My partial wish list:

-MIAMI VICE

-SLIDERS

-BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

-LAW AND ORDER

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Count me in! I have the Anchor Bay DVD, and I would buy a boxed set of the complete series in a heartbeat!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The TV shows I want from Universal Studios are:

AMEN (1986-1991)

THE BULLWINKLE SHOW (1959-1963)

GIMME A BREAK (1981-1987)

KATE & ALLIE (1984-1989)

LEAVE IT TO BEAVER (1957-1963)

MURDER, SHE WROTE (1984-1996)

uncut and in season-by-season sets, por favor.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
A KOLCHAK set would be nice (and fairly easy to do as a single set), but I want these Universal TV series on DVD even more:
* BORIS KARLOFF'S THRILLER (1961-62)
* ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS (1955-62, including the discs currently available only as part of the movie box sets)
* ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR (1962-65)
* SUSPICION (1957, short-lived suspense anthology series made by the HITCHCOCK crew)
* M-SQUAD (1957-60, a cool police series starring Lee Marvin)
* DRAGNET (the 1967-70 version, plus the TV-movie, DRAGNET '69)

Larry Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
When Universal does release Battlestar Gallactica, I hope they release the extended TV broadcast pilot. This is far different then the movide version they release.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Boy would i love to have a box set of Kolchak!

i bought a few of the columbia house tapes (the unsyndicated episodes) and they look excellent for vhs. i would hope/expect they would look even better on dvd.

Anchor Bays disc of the two movies looks AMAZING.

here's one series that could easily be put out complete in one modestly priced package.

you can also put me down for 6 million $ man and especially The Bionic Woman, and Buck Rogers.

seems i heard months ago that Universal was starting to gear up to move on their tv properties, but i haven't heard a peep since. will definitely be buying the Rockford Files...but man-0-man would i love to see some Zombies and Rakshashas peering out of the shadows of my HT soon!

I too am dying for the KOLCHAK series on DVD (only 20 episodes). How about a David Chase interview as an extra. Please listen Universal!

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I would also love to have all of the episodes of Kolchak: The Night Stalker on DVD.

I also want THE BULLWINKLE SHOW, BORIS KARLOFF'S THRILLER, ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR & ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS

These shows must be on DVD in season format. Kolchak: The Night Stalker would only need about 2-3 discs since it only has 20 episodes.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
If Universal decides to release Kolchak: The Night Stalker, I'd be first in line to buy it on release date. Probably my favorite TV show of all time as a kid and still love it today. Sci Fi was running it for a while but it didn't stick around too long. I'm on my knees begging for this one!

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I remember having nightmares after seeing the original Pilot with Dracula. I swear I got a cross from my Moms Jewelry box to sleep with.

Id like to see if it holds up. Not everything from the 70s does.

Bob Engleman

Stunt Coordinator
My requests are as follows:

1.Belarus File

2.Black Shield of Falworth, The

3.To Hell and Back

4.A re-release of the classic monster series of the 30's/40's

Bob Engleman

I can't believe all the TV shows coming to DVD, and still no Kolchak! Come on Universal, 20 episodes of a cult classic is not too much to ask for is it????

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Not to mention the cult following Kolchak: The Night Stalker has. I think Universal would be pleasantly surprised if this were to be released. Remember, this was Chris Carter's inspiration for the X-Files which could be plastered all over the front of the dvd case and maybe pique quite a few more people's interest.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Northern Exposure in season sets (first and second combined would be nice)
Battlestar Galactica

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks